Technologist - Fire Protection Coatings
- Post Date:16th March 2023
- Apply Before: 16th April 2023
- Views 17
About the job
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.Technologist – Fire Protection Coatings
Competitive salary and benefits package
Felling, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear NE10 0JY
If you are a graduate in a scientific discipline or possess relevant industry experience, you could be developing your future career with a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe. We are now recruiting a Technologist to join our Fire Protection Research & Development function in Felling.
Technologist – The Role
- Develop new products & technologies.
- Develop fundamental understanding of key coating attributes.
- Test/support of existing technologies, products & processes.
- Plan, conduct & evaluate trials.
- Design, execute, study & interpret experiments for review.
- Collate & report results.
- Make recommendations for next steps & communicate key results to colleagues.
- Work safely & comply with legal & company regulations.
- Part Lab work and Part Admin work.
Technologist – About You
- Graduate in a scientific discipline or possess relevant industry experience.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Good at following processes and procedures.
- Computer literate.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
- Good at building relationships and solving problems.
- Understands the importance of keeping a safe working environment.
Technologist – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience).
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays.
- Income protection.
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Life Assurance.
- Company pension – AkzoNobel will double your pension contribution up to a maximum of 12% – (EG. You pay 4%, Akzo pays 8% – contribution = 12%)
- Product discounts.
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Technologist – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
If you have any questions please reach out to Katie Nicholson – Talent Acquisition Partner.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 28545
Related Jobs (1)
Software Specialist on 24th March 2023 Full Time