Software Development Manager
- Post Date:10th June 2022
- Views 168
Software Development Manager
This is a pivotal role within our R&D Software team as a key contributor to ensuring that the products and services we offer, meet customer needs and expectations to deliver maximum value. As a Software Development Manager at Domino, you will take overall responsibility for the development and successful delivery of our Continuous Inkjet Printers Value Stream. You will oversee the people, teams and processes involved in developing, testing, releasing and ongoing support of all Domino products and services within that Value Stream. You will ensure your teams follow the company’s business and engineering management processes while working collaboratively with other R&D teams and wider business functions to achieve agreed business goals.
We are a rapidly maturing Agile Software department of 70+ developers and testers who have embraced Agile thinking and methodologies (Scrum). We are responsible for design, implementation and testing of the software for all Domino coding and marking products whilst supporting and developing our infield products.
Some of the key responsibilities of your role include.
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure Product Roadmaps, Vision and Development backlogs are mature enough for development purposes
- Work alongside Project Management to ensure forecasts, plans, resources, risks, status, and escalations are managed while helping mature these in an agile mindset
- Be responsible for the planning and allocation of resources to meet the needs of the project.
- Help mature the Product Development process to improve end to end delivery by adopting/adapting Agile thinking and methodologies, not only at the Software level, but across the whole end to end value stream.
- Line management and development of team members in line with the Domino Framework
- Oversee and be responsible for the agile maturity of your team(s) and work with Scrum Masters to help them progress Scrum teams on their journey to becoming ‘high performing.’
To be successful in this role you will need to have demonstrable experience of successful, timely delivery of quality software. You may be very technical or technically hands off at this stage of your career but most importantly is having an Agile mindset. You must have experience of development and delivering in an Agile environment, preferably SCRUM. We believe that people are our most important asset so you will need to have exceptional personal skills and experience of developing people and creating high performing teams.
We are looking for someone with key personal attributes that align to our Domino values of Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility:
- A Team player and instinctive collaborator at the Product Team, Software Team and R&D department levels
- A Positive, good humoured and proactive approach at all times, with the ability to build consensus and influence
- An ‘agility’ mindset in delivering product and services. Adaptable to change and passionate about continually improving all aspects of product delivery.
- Someone who leverages strong financial and commercial acumen to support decision making
- A Strong communicator who promotes facilitation and collaboration
- Quick learner and problem solver – self-motivated with ability to set and achieve realistic milestones
- Passionate about developing yourself and others and understanding everyone’s individual needs
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We recognise that flexible homeworking can be beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us this, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers. We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd has a long-established global reputation for the development and manufacture of coding, marking, and printing technologies, as well as its worldwide aftermarket products and customer services. We offer a wide range of printing technologies including continuous Inkjet, Laser Coding, Drop on Demand, Print and Apply and Thermal Inkjet. We are positive you will have seen the success of our products without even noticing, from expiry dates on eggs to medicines in your bathrooms.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Related Jobs (1)
Scrum Master on 2nd June 2023 Full Time