Senior IT Analyst/Developer
- Post Date:1st September 2021
- Views 167
Job Description – Senior IT Analyst/Developer
The Senior Oracle Applications Developer’s role is to partner with customers, functional business analysts and other team members in driving appropriate design and implementation of technical solutions to meet desired business requirements. Design, develop, test, analyze, and maintain the Oracle E-Business Suite Applications within the application in support of the business function. The developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle in accordance with the business goals and organizational architectural standards.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with business analysts, business users and other developers in conceptualization and development of new technical objects within the Oracle applications environment.
- Analyze and assess existing procedures to allow the application to respond to business changes.
- Evaluate requirements from functional specifications and create efficient technical designs.
- Analyze and plan Oracle release upgrades.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Develop complex technical objects in accordance with the technical development standards and best practices.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Create and resolve Service Requests in collaboration with Oracle Support.
- Provide generalized production technical support.
- Gather business requirements and recommend industry best practices and work with functional knowledge holders.
- Design, develop, deploy, test and maintain technical objects that exist in Oracle applications production environment, e.g., reports, interfaces, conversions and custom applications extensions.
- Create process flows, high level functional and detailed technical design specifications from business requirements.
- Provide customer support for business critical application problems and issues.
- Assist with testing and deployment of Release Update Pack and other module upgrades to keep application release level current.
- Proactively work through service requests with vendor support as needed.
- Coordinate work efforts with the DBA and middleware teams for application change controls and system performance issues.
- Provide support to System Administrators relating to custom responsibilities, security profiles, menus, and user account provisioning.
- Partner with business analysts and application super users to successfully complete projects.
- Assist with large scale projects may be required to contribute to efficiency, effectiveness and success of the work.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Train and share knowledge with development teams.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong experience in IT
- Oracle development experience with at least 6+ years in Oracle Applications environment
- Knowledge and familiarity of underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture. Understanding of functional concepts & flow of Oracle Application Modules.
- Must be well versed with data models and interfaces for application modules in financials and/or supply chain and process manufacturing (OPM)
- Must have experience with Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle XML Publisher, SQL*Loader, and knowledge of Web ADI
- Configures applications to suit needs includes system setups, flex-fields, Forms Personalization, custom library, profile options etc.
- Must have experience in Oracle Application Framework (OAF)
- Progressively responsible for building java applications and system integrations
- Experience with SOA principles, design patterns, application integration architectures
- Ability to define and maintain a common interface schema
- Experience with developing complex integrations on Oracle SOA Suite (SOA/OSB).
- Experience in integrating with one or more ERP systems (Oracle E-Business, Sage, SAP…)
- Experience with SoapUI or similar web service testing tools.
- Experience with building, configuring, and deploying services on containers such as WebLogic and other application servers.
- Experience in working with version control and software configuration management & deployment tools including Subversion, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, HP Project, and Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Experience and good knowledge in ODI.
- Preferential to have ECC, Mobile Applications and MSCA with in oracle ERP
- Good understanding and basic knowledge in Microsoft Azure API Management Solution
- Good understanding and basic knowledge in Dell Boomi platform
- Preferred to have experience in Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA), Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), Dell Boomi, Oracle JET, Oracle BPM, Oracle Process Cloud, APEX
- Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF)
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Administration
- Oracle SOA Suite Administration
- Microsoft Azure API Management administration
- Dell Boomi associate administrator
- HCM Cloud Integrations
- Coupa Cloud Integrations
- One source Tax Solutions
- Oracle certification or platform/technology certifications is a plus.
- Knowledge in 3PL warehouse solution
- Blue Yonder Make-To-Order Solution
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a globally focused multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.