Senior Data Engineer
- Post Date:11th June 2021 13834
- Views 39
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible to design, develop, implement, and support ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes used within custom and packaged applications responsible for loading data into the data warehouse. The developer is also responsible for the timely data availability and system up-time through support functions and in-depth testing. Work with business stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
Strategy & Planning
• Full life cycle experience (requirements gathering through production deployment) in all aspects of BI/DW (ETL, data modeling, analytics and reporting)
• Seek out and apply new technologies and skills for ETL improvement in daily work through conferences, online training, reading, participation in organizations and user groups, etc.
• Translate business needs into technical and system design specifications
• Prepare and maintain system documentation
Execution & Deployment
• Design and develop or modify ETL processes that load data for the data warehouse using ETL tools (Oracle ODI) and PL/SQL
• Maintain existing ETL Oracle PL/SQL procedures, packages, and Unix scripts
• Provide ETL performance tuning
• Design data warehouse schema and star schema data models using Kimball methodology
• Design and develop reporting end user layers (Business Objects Universes) and Business Objects reports
• Troubleshoot and resolve production issues under tight deadlines
• Provide guidance to the IT community on best practices and internal standards
• Assist with the creation of reusable components as they relate to the ETL framework
• Conduct ETL design reviews with the Data Architect and DBAs to ensure that code meets performance requirements.
• Assist in DW support activities, issue tracking, escalation and resolution
• Execute project plans to successfully meet objectives.
• Attend meetings on behalf of the DW team.
• Make presentations to internal and external clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Train and share knowledge with DW team.
• Assist with Lean projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the DW/BI team.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Extensive IT experience in a BI environment.
• Extensive experience in advanced Oracle PL/SQL scripting.
• Previous experience with ETL tools in a Data Warehouse environment.
• Hands-on BI experience (SAP Business Objects, OBIEE, Tableau or Power BI preferred).
• Proficiency with ETL tools such as Oracle ODI, Informatica Power Center, Informatica IICS (ODI, IICS preferred).
• Strong experience with UNIX/Linux scripts.
• Cloud experience with Snowflake Datawarehouse & Microsoft Azure cloud is preferred.
• Understanding of Star schema database modeling using the Kimball Methodology
• Experience evaluating existing data warehouse implementation, architectures and processes
• Experience in Data Warehouse integration methodology; In-depth knowledge of developing and supporting data warehouses.
• Experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors clarifying business details.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Excellent systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Strong ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
This role is remote but ideally the successful candidate will be located roughly an hour away from one of our sites listed below;
Birmingham, United Kingdom | Wokingham, United Kingdom | Deeside, United Kingdom | Bolton, United Kingdom | Sheffield, United Kingdom | Witney, United Kingdom | Liverpool, United Kingdom
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18bn billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas, now or in the future.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.