- Post Date:29th October 2021
- Views 151
Farrow & Ball – Report Developer x2, Wimborne
Farrow & Ball are a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper using only the finest quality ingredients and an eco-friendly water base.
Today the unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out, around the world. With more than 60 showrooms worldwide and a global network of stockists, we’ve never forgotten our local Dorset roots.
The key to our success is our people, our passionate craftsmen, showroom teams and support functions who ensure that our customers have an excellent experience at each stage of their journey with us.
Due to further growth of our Business & Information Systems Team – we have 2 exciting new opportunities to join us. These are full time permanent roles and will based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As the Report Developer, you will work cross functionally over all of Farrow & Ball’s global departments and stakeholders to build and maintain appropriate, insightful, and concise analysis, reports and dashboards.
Reporting into the Business & Information Systems Manager, your role will form part of centralised IT reporting function to manage the schedule and distribution of regular reports, ad-hoc reporting needs and supporting the information analyst and developers
Key Responsibilities of Report Developer:
- Assisting with the strategic direction of Farrow & Ball’s information and business systems to ensure ongoing operational excellence and efficiency
- Producing analysis, reports, and dashboards for the business in ERP (IFS / Oracle SQL), BI (Cognos Express / MS SQL) Forecasting & Planning Analytics (Cognos Express TM1), Crystal and Excel as required.
- Optimising and maintaining reporting schedules to ensure timely distribution of required MI reports
- Transforming the F&B reporting style from flat tabular reports to drill down reports, visual charts or dashboards as appropriate
- Aiding the Information Analyst in data mining to deliver new insight and analysis to department heads
- Acting as a service centre for companywide ad-hoc reporting needs, keeping a strong service SLA approach within an Agile development delivery model
Your Key Experience/Attributes:
- Honours Degree (or equivalent) in computer science or demonstrable equivalent practical experience of dashboard style reporting and analysis
- To have worked in an IT service environment, meeting, and exceeding SLAs desirable
- Experience with Cognos Express, IFS apps 8 (or higher) or BI a distinct advantage
- Advanced ability with MS Office with expert in MS Excel 2013 or above
- Demonstrable understanding of Data Warehousing and reporting queries.
- Ability to build queries in Oracle SQL and MS SQL as a minimum
- Firm grasp of presenting information and insight in digital forms
- Able to identify with, and demonstrate affinity with F&B’s core values (In Touch, Accountable, Collaborative, Care & Passion)
- Analytical, lateral, and inquiring thinking style
- Excellent numerical, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- To align with and contribute to a small, focussed team quickly, taking ownership
- To act as the workstream owner reporting, dashboarding needs
- Ability to take on training and apply new skills immediately
- Terrific attention to detail, and very high personal standards when it comes to quality, method, and rigour
What you can expect from us
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually based on individual performance
- 24 days’ annual leave which increases with length of service (plus bank holidays)
- Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Life Assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loans for travel
- Free tea and coffee
- Free onsite parking at our head office
Related Jobs (3)
Scrum Master on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Business Development Manager – Marine on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Process Improvement Technician on 11th May 2023 Full Time