Regional HR Director GSC EMEAI
- Post Date:30th July 2021
- Views 206
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position can be based out of any European country that has local Sherwin-Williams manufacturing plants within 20 miles/30km.
The Regional HR Director provides direct leadership support in the execution of the commercial success of the relevant business unit and or function it is responsible for. This role will focus on change management, integration and transformation, requiring excellent influencing skills and ability to successfully manage stakeholders across a wide range of functions and geographies.
This position is accountable for multiple sites within the EMEAI Region of the Global Supply Chain organization. The role reports to the Senior HR Director, GSC (based Cleveland, Ohio) and has one 1 direct report (GSC Regional HR Manager EMEAI). This role is the HR busines partner for the Regional Vice President of Operations EMEAI.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Meeting or exceeding the Region’s business goals
- Compliance with Regional/Corporate/Division policy and external laws and regulations
- Provide growth and opportunity for all Regional employees
- Ensure functional excellence of the Region’s Human Resources staff
Major Tasks Performed
- Provide leadership, consultation, and support to site HR function and site management on HR related matters (including talent development and succession planning, policies and procedures, positive employee relations, works council union strategy and execution, and continuous improvement) through site visits, written communication, video conferences, and the phone.
- Lead the implementation of Corporate, Division, and Regional initiatives.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with Corporate/Division policy and external laws and regulations.
- Partner with the Vice-President of Operations and Regional staff to develop and implement programs that support achievement of the Operations Strategy and Operational Excellence goals.
- Attend and provide leadership/input to Corporate, Division, and Regional HR and Operations meetings.
- Ensure effective development and utilization of employees.
- A positive employee relations environment that supports the goals and ideals of SW, including our concerns for a safe and healthful work environment.
- Sound development of the Regional HR Manager
- Ensures that the Plants/Sites are aware of and comply with personnel related to Safety, compensation, incentives, and employee relations.
- Introduce new HR technologies and practices to the Region/Division to support continuous improvement.
- Significant HR Leadership experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment in a large, international business with pan-European responsibility
- Extensive experience within a manufacturing blue collar environment
- Experience in a union/works council environment is required.
- Must have the legal right to work in their home country without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Extensive Human Resources or combination HR/business management experience.
- Fluency in English, any other languages advantageous
- Strong record of goal achievement, leadership and implementation of new programs and management of organizational change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Continuous improvement training such as six sigma or lean manufacturing is preferred.
- Professional HR Certifications are preferred
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas, now or in the future.
Please note that we are unable to consider or respond to any recruitment agencies/consultancy enquiries submitting any unsolicited candidates or offering recruitment support.