Regional Electrical Engineer (Principal) EMEAI M/F
- Post Date:12th May 2021
- Views 217
This role can be home based!
The Regional Electrical Engineer (Principal) M/F position is responsible for supporting the manufacturing facilities in the region in designing and ensuring of the ongoing compliance of the electrical installations in all the manufacturing and distributions facilities. All SW facilities must comply with legislative, corporate engineering, and local regulatory requirements. The holder of this position will be the authorized technical signatory to review (and approve) the compliance on the design of any new installations, ongoing asset integrity or improvements. The Regional Electrical Engineer will be working closely with the local project managers and engineers to ensure the compliance requirements at each facility. Working with allocated site project engineers, there will be the requirement to lead and support sites in the planning, delivery, and control of capital projects.
- Coordinates Electrical design and implementation of projects from preliminary engineering and detailed design to construction, successful start-up, and acceptance by operating management at site,
- Leads and assures that all projects under control are completed under MOC, with adequate attention given to technical design sign off and full PSSR close out and commissioning for safe installations,
- The authorized technical focal point for all electrical matters in the region, acts as an electrical services consultant for site support,
- Writes and sets out electrical safety policy and procedures for the region, aligning with corporate requirements and RAGAGEPS,
- Performs electrical design calculations and reviews electrical design calculations from 3rd party contractors to ensure compliance to SW and legislative standards,
- Advises and trains all site engineers and managers in their responsibilities as electrical duty holders for all LV, MV and HV systems,
- Develops and maintains a competency management system to ensure technical governance,
- Assist sites with analysis and definition of capital projects with electrical scope content,
- Assist project managers and engineers with the design of electrical installation standards in alignment with corporate and legislative standards,
- Technical focal point for installation, maintenance and management of electrical equipment in hazardous areas – ATEX compliance,
- Listed as the region electrical Subject Matter Expert – SME (Voice of EHS Compliance in electrical engineering for the region),
- Define and set compliance requirements according to local codes, corporate EHS standards, FM Global requirement,
- Support assigned sites in delivery of planned projects and developing long term 3 to 5 yr plans with respect to electrical asset integrity & sustainability,
- Develop standards & guidelines for equipment datasheets / specification,
- Work alongside the CAPEX engineers and EH&S in clarifying the RPN Number and the proposed reduction with investments/solutions pertaining to electrical engineering,
- Participate on site specific HAZOP’s to ensure electrical safety hazard to process and machine safety is identified and risk appropriately mitigated,
- Work with contractors or external resources to identify compliance requirements based on the current installed state or improvement plans at sites or facilities,
- Provides technical input and where applicable approval of electrical & distribution equipment, including Safety Critical Equipment,
- Owns the initiative to selection of more sustainable electrical technological alternatives for projects, focusing on energy saving and greener solutions where possible.
- At least 5 years of related electrical engineering experience as a senior or principle electrical engineer/Authorised Engineer,
- Has led projects from an electrical engineering design and installation perspective,
- Has led projects to improve compliance, competency, and initiative to drive toward standardization,
- Organized. Excellent communication skills. Goal oriented. Committed to the compliance of all the processes in the company.
- Project Management skills
- Design and installation of electrical equipment in hazardous areas – ATEX
- COMAH and/or SEVESO site experience
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.