- Post Date:28th May 2021
- Views 317
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Actively participates in HSE&S, sustainability and quality activities.
- Has a sound knowledge of systems and procedures and carries out all work in a safe manner with regards to oneself and others, reporting any issues via appropriate system.
- Communicates and engages with Process Operators on results of quality checks and audits to ensure smooth flow of manufacturing and transfer of knowledge for continuous improvement.
- Supports Quality Manager and Quality Leader in maintaining quality systems and procedures to achieve all accredited standards appropriate for the operation.
- Ensures delivery of leading levels of quality performance indicators using pro-active quality assurance approach, thorough investigation of root cause driving sustainable improvement practices.
- Supports, coaches and trains the workforce on quality control testing and correction procedures and product knowledge to deliver results and continuously stretches personal performance and skills.
- Actively engages in quality improvement programmes across the site, and adopts best practices into daily, weekly, monthly standard work routine.
- Reports all QC metrics and identifies trends and reports so that the necessary product or process amendments can be made.
- Undergraduate degree/HNC (or equivalent) in science related discipline
- Experience of working within a Quality team or process control team
- Experience of applying statistical process control techniques
- Experience of use of the Continuous Improvement tools
- Experience of paint manufacturing
- Excellent communications skills
- Chemist/Assistant chemist/Process Technician experience is desirable
- Internal auditor experience is desirable
- Able to apply colour knowledge to correct Right First Time batch failures.
- Understand basic chemistry of the site’s paint formulations.
- Competent in use of quality control laboratory equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 9630