Product Data Analyst
- Post Date:5th August 2021 13953
- Views 190
Job Title: Product Data Analyst
Core Responsibilities And Tasks
The PCG Marketing Information Organization (MIO) is responsible for establishing systems, tools and processes supporting PCG divisions with managing, developing, and finding products. MIO collaborates with several functional areas to find, validate, and manage appropriate product attributes. The team ensures that the product data is available for several different outputs, including websites, product catalogues, product data sheets, and a searchable product database.
This on-going initiative requires an analyst in Europe to capture and organize relevant product attributes, working closely with R&D, Marketing, Sales, IT, and the Centre of Excellence (CoE) data enrichment team. MIO partners with the CoE, utilizing the Stibo STEP software platform to facilitate product master data management.
The Product Data Analyst will help provide a best-in-class digital experience to our external and internal customers. They will need to operate independently within Europe to champion and achieve the goals of MIO. The successful applicant will have demonstrated the ability to reach out and collaborate with a variety of functions, including those that they have limited familiarity with. They will be a self-starter, able to work independently with limited day to day direction. They will possess the ability to formulate their own plans and work with their management to ensure alignment on projects and objectives.
- Product Data Management
- Facilitate the PCG product master data management strategy
- Critical 15 (C15) Attributes – Assist in population and socialization of C15 attributes, both in Product Vision (PV) as well as relevant European product creation systems. Socialize/train both PV users and product setup users on C15, why it’s important, and how to fill in the data for new products and update existing records. C15 Attributes help define a product’s business ownership, branding, and technology.
- Searchable Product Database (SPD) – demonstrate capabilities of SPD, gain commitment from EMEAI Business Unit leaders to develop SPD for Europe. This will include moving the Divisions to organizing their SKUs under product lines.
- Website support – act as primary contact in region for website launches and updates. Understand requirements and modify source data as necessary to make website launch or update successful.
- Partner with divisional marketing and technical teams to facilitate the enrichment of product data for Oracle implementations.
- Assist in the launch of any new tools or systems that consume product master data
- Partner with the functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify business needs, contribute to development of long-term system plans, and ensure products and services are aligned with all businesses.
- Facilitate the PCG product master data management strategy
- Data Governance
- Develop and work to implement an audit process to ensure that data quality remains high.
- Assist in development of product data enrichment workflows that will allow the business to make changes when necessary. Prior to workflow launch, act as main point of contact for necessary updates.
- System Integration/Workflow design
- Business lead for project meetings to design and scope solutions that extend the existing functionality of STEP outputs, supporting applications across the Sherwin Williams enterprise.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, including application developers, executives, subject matter experts, marketing, product management, regulatory/compliance teams, IT teams, end users and third parties/vendors, to ensure satisfaction throughout the product life cycle and provide optimal workflows.
- Other – While not a primary function of the role, the analyst may be asked to coordinate and advance innovation and ideation tools and processes, as well as data analytics and insights tools that are being lead and developed by the MIO team.
- FORMAL EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Several years of experience with product management platforms
- Proficient in Excel or analyzing large data files
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Extensive years of experience in product management experience
- Experience using Stibo STEP or a similar MDM software
- Leading teams with global responsibility
- Thriving in matrix organizational structure
- TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Manage users, data and security
- Build reports, workflow and dashboards
- Working knowledge of database technologies such as Access, Excel or enterprise systems.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of handling multiple projects at once.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Business Intelligence Reporting (Tableau, Business Objects, Microstrategy)
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.