Office Manager & EA to CEO
- Post Date:24th August 2023
- Views 185
About the British Coatings Federation
The British Coatings Federation is the Trade Association representing the interests of the decorative paints, industrial and powder coatings, printing inks, and wallcovering manufacturers in the UK. We have over 140 Full manufacturer members and another over 100 Associate/supplier companies in membership. In all, BCF’s members represent 95% of all the UK sales of paints, coatings, printing inks and wallcoverings, making us the authoritative voice of the sector.
About the position
The Executive Assistant (EA)/Office Manager will work closely with the BCF’s CEO to manage the BCF’s people and assets. There are approx. 7 office based and 6 hybrid BCF employees.
Ultimately responsible for the smooth running of the BCF office and for managing staff who have responsibility for events, membership communications, member meetings, membership services, training, and financial administration. They will be required to handle a wide range of high-level administrative tasks including executive communication, handling of HR, and arranging BCF’s events.
EA duties for the CEO, include travel and managing the CEO’s diary, emails, and meetings, and acting as Company Secretary and secretary to the BCF Board of Directors.
- Support the CEO with email, email delegation, appointment setting, calendar management, travel arrangements, and all correspondence
- Acting Company Secretary providing secretarial support to the BCF Board. Scheduling Board and General Purpose & Finance meetings, minute taking, and keeping governance records up to date
- Budget preparation and papers for the Board and General Purpose and Finance Committee meetings
- Companies House filing of confirmation statements and update of company directors register
- BCF ED&I representative, responsible for running the BCF’s new ED&I committee
- Business Continuity planning
- Risk Register updates
HR & Finance
- Support all staff with recruitment – including the coordination of the entire process, advertising where appropriate, shortlisting, arranging interviews, and appointments
- Starter and Leaver management
- Manage absence & holiday record keeping
- Maintenance of staff personnel files
- Process payroll each month and ensure payroll journal is kept up to date
- Organise internal and external meetings/activities (e.g.: staff meetings, staff socials; in house staff training, other events) (online and in person)
- Annual appraisals of direct reports in the office, and support the CEO with managing the wider team appraisals (headcount currently x 13)
- Annual staff survey
- Support succession planning in partnership with the CEO
- Main liaison with service providers (IT, companies house, insurance, ICO etc.)
- key connection to our service provider, proactively manage IT to ensure software and systems are up to date and secure
- Training staff on cyber security and best practice to help avoid any cyber or data breaches
- Problem-solve any technical challenges with computer systems, email, and networks as needed
- Ad-hoc updates to the employee handbook and associated organisational policies and procedures
- H&S representative
- Plan and lead company events, meetings, conferences, and team-building activities
- Management and attendance at BCF events, approx. 3-4 per annum (The two main events are the Annual Conference and the Awards evening)
- Annual AGM planning and execution
You will have proven experience in a PA, EA, or Office Manager position and general HR experience would be essential.
- Management experience including aspects of HR
- The ability to work independently, be self-motivated & proactive with new ideas
- Have the initiative to resolve issues before they occur or impact the team
- Must be flexible and dynamic to support team members with different personalities and responsibilities
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must be outgoing, confident, and professional to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to build strong relationships with members, stakeholders, and the team
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desirable but not essential
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management software (YM?)
- Experience of Trade Associations or not-for-profit.
- Experience of organising events.
- Knowledge of human resources e.g., employment law, recruitment, and appraisals
- Company Secretary experience
A competitive salary and fringe benefits (private pension scheme, BUPA private health care)
Your application will be handled with the utmost confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Jo O’Neill – Operations Administrator
Tel: 02476 935400 `