IBM Analyst Programmer
- Post Date:29th April 2022
- Views 106
As an IBM Analyst programmer you will be working in a team of 3 to support and enhance the existing bespoke applications on an IBM power 8 system (locally termed AS400) mainly written in RPG/RPGLE and CL.
The primary functions supported on the IBM are the warehouses in Birstall and Carrickfergus Northern Ireland with interfaces to PPG’s ERP system SAP ECC & APO.
Working hours are 35.25 per week Monday to Friday, however flexibility is required to support a business that runs 24 hours 7 days per week.
Key Responsibilities, you will:-
- After a period of familiarisation with the bespoke applications, connect with the business, customers, suppliers and our other IT colleagues to analyse business requirements, program the improvements as well as support issues.
- Support business operations particularly in the warehouse function.
- Provide backup support for existing IT team – including IBM operations and interface support.
- Connect with business partners to align on business needs and transform into IT requirements.
Longer term training will be given in SAP and there will be opportunity to progress within SAP project management.
- Previous RPG/ILE & CL programming on IBM AS400/I-Series or Power system.
- Ability to work without close supervision, agile approach, with a focus on both short and long-term objectives.
- Flexible attitude to support the business when required.
- Experience with SAP ECC, APO or any other SAP systems including IDOC/BAPI interfaces would be advantageous.
- Experience in coordinating project portfolio’s and project management, including all aspects of project development and execution.
- Knowledge of business, warehouse and manufacturing process ideal!
- IBM operations knowledge (system monitoring, workstation configuration, user setup etc)
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.