Human Resources Advisor
- Post Date:29th October 2021 14051
- Views 101
We’re seeking a commercially astute Human Resources Advisor, to join our People & Culture team based in the North West, reporting to the People & Culture Partner. You will be tasked with providing an all-encompassing, high quality, comprehensive and professional People management service to the Commercial & Marketing functions, including our network of Decorating Centres within Hempel Decorative UK, as well as supporting the People & Culture Partner.
Be the primary People & Culture contact for initial HR advice, and support with project based work on the People agenda.
Our ideal candidate will have proven HR advisory skills and strong recruitment experience, within a commercially focussed environment, with an ability to work as part of a team and take the lead during challenging periods.
This Is Your Opportunity To
- Co-ordinate and support with investigation meetings, disciplinary, grievance and performance improvement processes.
- Ensure best practice approaches are adopted in all aspects of HR and ER casework, whilst training and coaching line managers across the spectrum of people related activities.
- Provide appropriate advice on strategic and high level HR and ER related matters, identifying and communicating any potential risks in advance.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with relevant leaders and colleagues cross functionally, ensuring a professional and comprehensive service is delivered.
- Act as first point of contact for all senior and specialist recruitment, employee relations and performance management related activities in the Commercial & Marketing functions.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the People & Culture strategy, and achieve annual objectives according to agreed timescales and budget.
What are we looking for?
As an effective team player, you will be experienced in drafting written communication ranging from meeting invitations and outcomes, to requests and recommendations during; grievance, disciplinary, performance improvement and absence management processes (ensuring strict adherence with UK employment law throughout).
We are seeking applications from candidates with experience of working within a commercially focussed environment, as this will support you in ensuring the needs of our internal stakeholders are met. Experience within a multi-site/retail environment would be distinctly advantageous.
You will demonstrate commitment and collaboration, by supporting in the delivery of all annual and biannual people related activities within the Commercial & Marketing functions, including; Employee Engagement Survey, Talent Review, Let’s talk! and My Performance.
A confident decision maker who is able to balance risk, practicality and commercial requirements, whilst ensuring a customer focus and awareness is maintained throughout. You will continually embed and live by the Hempel Values, ensuring that [email protected] is front of mind within the Commercial & Marketing functions.
A full UK driving licence with a flexible approach and willingness to stay away from home, when required, is essential. Working 1-2 days a week in Head Office in Darwen with a mix of home working and travelling to sites to support colleagues for the remainder. Ideally Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualified or equivalent, with a thorough understanding of employment legislation, case law and HR best practice approaches.
If you can demonstrate your fit with this role…
J oin a fast paced and exciting work environment
Work in an exciting, fast paced environment and help shape the future success of the People & Culture team. Help to drive better people related decisions and create value, through providing robust people advice to the Commercial and Marketing teams.
Salary -up to £35k per annum + Company Car & Benefits
Application and further information
Please follow the link to apply.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be able to contact candidates selected for interview.
Closing Date : 31st October 2021.