HR Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) - Birstall
- Post Date:22nd December 2021 14135
- Views 131
HR Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme)
As a HR Assistant, you will Maintain and improve the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. To be the first point of contact providing advice and support for the business unit in order to provide a comprehensive HR service to all functions.
This is a 12 month fixed term Undergraduate Placement opportunity to start in August 2022
- Agree HR priorities and plans with the Snr HR Partner and Business Leaders.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of positive employee relations in the business units, through consultation and communications strategies.
- Connect with the senior management team to review working practices in line with business needs.
- Manage all HR related policies and ensure they are updated with changes in legislation and communicated accordingly.
- Support managers in key HR related activities i.e. discipline & grievance, absence management, performance management etc to ensure consistency is maintained accordingly.
- Collaborate closely with the Occupational Health team on site in dealing with absence management along with maintaining a culture of health and wellbeing.
- Lead UK/ European HR specific projects ensuring they are rolled out efficiently to the HR teams across the UK
- Ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills!
- Good organisation skills, you will be required to prioritise and manage time efficiently and achieve results and cope with pressure
- Role will be based in Birstall, however, the individual must have the willingness to travel to other locations around the UK & Ireland
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.