Health Safety Environment Officer
- Post Date:6th May 2022
- Views 96
- Salary £22,000
HSE Officer, Full-Time (39 hours)
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Health and Safety department within our well-established and growing ink manufacturing company. Based in Rochdale, with a growing European network, we require an aspiring Health and Safety Officer to help maintain our excellent H&S standards. The company will provide internal and external training, allowing you to achieve certifications such as the NEBOSH General Certificate. You must be prepared to learn new skills, work under pressure, accurately and with minimal supervision and interact with all areas of the business with consideration to their roles and responsibilities.
Reporting to our Head of Safety and Compliance, you will receive excellent training and guidance to enable you to:
- Support the maintenance of the ISO 45001 management system.
- Assist with periodic Health & Safety audits.
- Assist with the completion and review of risk assessments.
- Conduct employee inductions, working alongside the HR function.
- Monitor and control issuing of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Assist with conducting H&S toolbox talks and other training as required.
- Maintain H&S records and assist with other tasks as may be required.
- Assist with the creation of Dangerous Goods Notes.
- Author Safety Data Sheets using our 3rd party software.
- Oversee the day to day running of assigned tasks.
- Have a genuine interest in Health and Safety and wanting to learn from skilled individuals.
- Some experience and understanding of working within a health and safety regulated industry.
- Some experience of working in the chemical industry & a minimum of an NVQ in a science related field.
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate (desirable).
- Computer literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness to undertake training and further qualifications.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Use own initiative and work autonomously.
- Flexibility, confidence, and use of initiative are essential.
- A sense of humour would help.
- Salary of £22,000 per year.
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holiday.
- Company pension scheme (after 3 months’ service).
- Death in service benefit.
- [email protected] confidential digital health and wellbeing service