Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Post Date:28th May 2021 13798
- Views 52
As an Electrical Maintenance Engineer, you will provide an immediate response to all breakdowns or imminent failures, undertaking all planned and predictive maintenance as per the eMaint CMMS system to meet or better business uptime targets at our Coatings Services site in Daventry.
This is a shift role with a standard working pattern of 2pm – 10pm Monday to Friday.
- Use the eMaint system for analysis, scheduling of planned maintenance, predictive maintenance, cost monitoring, spares management and reports.
- Alongside the EHS team, ensure that all tasks have robust Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work in place, together with permit to work and Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO).
- Be proactive, making, maintaining and keeping spares available on the shelf ready for use.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are registered and tested as per PAT, LEV and LOLER regulations
- Actively participate in TPM plans to meet the company’s targets
- Ensure compliance to ISO 9001:2015 & IATF 16949:2016
- Monitor all activities and take part in continuously improving and reviewing any site wide improvement or cost reduction actions.
- Educated to a Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Maintenance and/or a Certificate in Electro Mechanical Engineering and/or Certified Electrician.
- Knowledge of HV and LV electrical distribution systems.
- Experience in a production environment with the ability to read electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of process controls including temperature, pressures, motor currents, gas burners, motor drives, or any other devices that can be used in conjunction with PLC or SCADA systems
- Good diagnostic and analytical skills
- Understanding of LOTO
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office
- Fork lift truck and mobile elevated work platform licenses desirable, however training can be provided.
- Be willing to work overtime when required!
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.