- Post Date:6th April 2021 13672
- Views 19
As a Development Chemist working within our Architectural Coatings business unit, you will work on growing experience and understanding across both existing and new technologies in relation to the chemical and physical processes of coatings.
Delivering concept action plans, you will provide recommendations regarding both products and processes.
We have two positions, both of which are 12 month fixed term contract opportunities.
- In consultation with the Portfolio Development Section Leader, complete tasks related to product development, product maintenance, sales- and production support.
- Formulating a concept action plan and communicate the results for additions and approval.
- Interpret test results and suggesting follow-up actions to the supervisor.
- Influence paint characteristics and/or price by changing production method/raw materials.
- Carry out complaint analysis concerning raw materials, products, systems, applications and processes within the laboratory.
- Attend pilot batch production in the factory.
- Working in compliance with the QMS system and 5S, ensuring at all times EHS requirements.
- Study the backgrounds and technical principles, consulting with colleagues and (internal) customers and collecting relevant information.
- An understanding of the chemistry/coatings technology, ideally with a chemistry or science related qualification.
- Practical experience within a similar industry or environment.
- The ability to optimally communicate and provide clear and concise documentation of technical results.
- A hard worker with a positive work ethic, you will be both flexible and adaptable!
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.