Warehouse Operative - Carrickfergus
- Post Date:29th January 2024
- Views 51
About the job
PPG Warehouse Operative
We now have an exciting, permanent vacancy for a Warehouse Operative within our Architectural Coatings division, based in our Carrickfergus Warehouse. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual to join our friendly and supportive team. Experience of working in warehouse environment would be desirable but not essential as all training will be provided.
At PPG, our purpose is to protect and beautify the world. A global organisation with operations in almost 70 countries and a member of the Fortune 500, we’ve been trusted by customers for almost 140 years. We’re proud to be the home of household brands including Johnstone’s and Leyland paints alongside many other trade and retail brands. We are committed to delivering lasting value for stakeholders and customers by operating with integrity, working safely, respecting the contributions of our people, preserving the environment and supporting the communities where we operate. To find out more about PPG, visit www.ppg.com
A day in the life of…
As a Warehouse Operative, Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Pick, pack and assemble orders to the required standard set in our warehouse training programme, ensuring a high level of accuracy at all times.
- Maintain a good level of efficiency as set by the picking performance criteria.
- Align with health and safety regulations, while always maintaining safe-working practices.
- Undertake all required training.
- Build strong, open working relationships will all colleagues
- Assist internal drivers loading when required in a manner that ensures safe transit of customer orders, and compliance to road transport regulations.
- Check customer orders before dispatch.
The hours of work for the position are 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday (8.00am to 5.00pm), and Friday (8.00am to 4.00pm). This is a full time permanent role.
What We Can Offer You…
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including private healthcare
- Monthly Bonus scheme – Opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary
- Staff discounts
- 25 days annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays
- Be part of a dynamic, progressive company working as part of a supportive, friendly team who invest in the development and engagement of our people
Equal Opportunities statement
At PPG, we aim to champion all employees, empowering them to show up as their authentic selves, and allowing everyone to reach their full potential. We know that diverse teams perform better and we want our people, no matter who they are, to have the opportunity to be the best they can in all that they do and we are committed to creating a workplace that is inclusive and supportive of everyone.
If you’d like to hear more about what it’s like to work at PPG, take a look at our partnership video with ITN as part of International Women’s Day 2023, celebrating the career stories of some of our talented people: https://globalgamechangers.itn.co.uk/
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3812522448
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024