Utilities & Facilities Technician
- Post Date:4th January 2024
- Views 52
About the job
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.
With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Purpose Of The Job
To support and maintain the Harlow manufacturing site buildings and services. Ensuring the facilities meet regulations and health and safety standards, supporting and managing on any efficiency and cost savings opportunities.
Role And Responsibilities
- Support the Utilities and Facilities supervisor with engineering work, carrying out maintenance activities both preventative and reactive
- Utility tasks include, maintenance on steam boilers, colling towers, air chillers and nitrogen
- Comply with all Safety, Health & Environmental standards and requirements
- Continuous improvement activities and updating engineering documentation
- Follow all Engineering Sit process as required
- A minimum of 5 years + experience working within maintenance
- Ideally have industrial/manufacturing, hospital or oil and gas experience supporting both office and plant engineering sites with an emphasis on industrial utilities
- Asbestos, Legionella management competent
- Engineering background in strong auditing or regulatory industry with some exposure to these, ideally mechanical
- Steam Management & Waste Management experience
- Team player
- BOAS training highly beneficial
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3736604227
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024