UK Sales Manager - Industrial Wood
- Post Date:23rd December 2021
- Views 263
Plan, direct and monitor the activities of a Regional sales team for the wood coatings business to achieve established sales targets, with direct sales and distribution.
- Develop sales plans, activities and campaigns, and manage the day-to-day activities of a sales team in order to implement the organization’s overall sales strategy for the Region.
- Prepare sales forecasts and budgets.
- Monitor sales volume, revenues and costs against forecasts to identify problem areas.
- Adapt procedures or re-allocate resources to improve the overall performance of the Regional sales team.
- Ensure that pricing is appropriate, accurate and up-to-date
- Negotiate sales with existing and new customers who are of strategic importance to the organization.
- Establish and monitor rebate programmes
- Contribute to the development of sales, marketing, customer retention, advertising, pricing and distribution strategies for the Regional/area of responsibility.
- Search for and create new business opportunities in accordance to business needs, possibilities and capacity.
- New market development, OEM’s and distributors network; new product introduction.
- Develop territory market development plan and obtain approval.
- Work closely with technical team for trials and trouble shooting.
- Establish and maintain excellent relations with key decision makers.
- Assists with credit management.
- Coach sales representatives on the technical aspects of the organization’s products and services, on marketing campaigns and sales promotions, and on sales techniques, procedures and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets.
- Launch of product ranges in local market.
- Credit management with minimum exposure.
- Ensures customer quality and service expectations are consistently met by the Sales team and eliminates or reduces customer complaints.
- Ensure Regional Sales targets and goals are achieved within the given timeline.
- Ensure that the sales team is adequately resources and appropriately trained (Salesforce ,Sales Excellence , Technical)
Decision Making Authority
- Authority for prices and FOC issues
- Can take independent decisions on trials, and samples
Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant Science subject, or Diploma in Paint Technology.
Preferred: Master’s degree in business management.
Knowledge & Experience:
Minimum 10 years sales experience
Preferred: Experience from coatings industry, managerial experience
Required: Dynamic and results oriented.
English – Writing, reading and speaking
Preferred: Additional language is an advantage but not necessary.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.