- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 43
About the job
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.Purpose Of The JobTo execute technical work packages associated with projects and customer applications support. Carry out laboratory work relating to this field, collecting data in an organised manner to assist with the analysis and production of reports.Main Accountabilities
- Carry out hands on laboratory technical work packages as part of a defined market, customer, innovation or plant support project.
- Keep detailed records of laboratory work including results and make attempts to analyse data to draw conclusions to contribute to the production of reports
- Develop and maintain technology know-how in current and new Lithene applications.
- Be prepared to learn new skills and then apply them across different areas in the R&D function, e.g. synthesis, application, analysis.
- Play a key role in maintaining the high standards for cleanliness and safety in the laboratory, reporting on safety related issues using available tools and systems
To Join Our Successful Team, You Will Need
- A Level in Chemistry (A*- C)
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs including Maths/English Grade 4
- Strong organisational skills, interpersonal, strong written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects and activities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Proactive in problem-solving and be able to independently manage timelines and priorities.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Self-motivation, initiative, a proactive approach and the ability to work effectively within a team
This role would suit a college leaver who is looking to start their career within the chemical industry and wants to continue their education within a work environmentWhy Synthomer?We are ambitious!We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.We believe in high challenge, high support!We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.We personalize our approach to development!At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.