TECHNICAL SERVICES- Representative
- Post Date:8th July 2022 14479
- Views 84
Provides proper technical direction and assistance to Customers regarding the use of the product lines and facilitates account management with sales. Responsibilities include responding to complex questions and concerns, serving as an expert in a single technology, or working with multiple application technologies, and assisting customers with improving operational quality and efficiency. The Technical Service Representative receives general supervision, works with advanced or complex technologies, and uses general quality and analytical tools.
- Provide regular visits to key Customers. Responds to questions and concerns from Customers regarding product lines and general operations; operates under general supervision and build good relations with customer personnel and provide sales support to the Sales Account Manager.
- Provide technical direction and assistance to Customers on the use of product lines; serves as an expert in a single technology or applies a working knowledge of multiple technologies and may involve multiple sites. Provide technical reports highlighting potential issues, competitor activity, recommended improvements.
- Serves as an operational advisor to Customers by applying general quality tools and analytical concepts to assist with improving product quality and efficiency; receives direction or guidance on complex issues.
- Support customer trials of SHW products in conjunction with the Account Manager. Carry out plant audits and organize line trials. Set up trial equipment and apply coatings through Customer processes. Provide trial reports & feedback to the R&D labs & sales team.
- Serves as a liaison with sales by interacting with Line and Management associates, developing a complete understanding of needs and operations, and providing observations and leads to sales; receives direction from other personnel.
- Performs account management activities by facilitating new or recurring orders, developing relationships with management, and resolving problems in conjunction with sales personnel.
- May serve as a lead to medium level technical service representatives or other staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work and determining work direction.
- Carry out regular pant surveys and process audits for SynthaPulvin applicators & prospective applicators. Maintain records in the SynthaPulvin database. Issue Industrial & Marine warranties to SP applicators on request.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working between different time zones and cultures.
- Time management and meeting deadlines of month-end and project work.
- Varied ERP systems within European Division.
- Excel knowledge and files productivity for analytical resoning and details digging.
- High school graduate or equivalent education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Operations Management, or related field.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3-5 years of previous experience as a Technical Service Representative.
- Experience in a multinational/multicultural Company.
- Utilizing industry and product applications concepts and procedures.
- Understanding of advanced technical principles and practices (lab, research, etc.).
- Understanding of various application techniques ie. conventional spray, AAA spray, Electrostatics, etc.
- Basic knowledge of paint chemistries eg epoxy, alkyd, PU , water-based , powder etc.
- Applying expert principles / practices within an area or general principles / practices in multiple service areas.
- Providing technical guidance and advice to improve quality and efficiency.
- Working with line and management personnel.
- Communicating technical and operational concepts to facilitate sales.
- Providing technical customer service.
- Performing account management and sales activities.
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Effective communication at all levels with Customers and internally.
- Fluent English mandatory.
- Writing, typing and use of office equipment.
- Problem solving skills and ability to plan and perform paint trials.
- An understanding of paint plants and processes.
- Report writing ability.
- Tech. Service / Customer Service previous experience.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.