Technical Sales Manager
- Post Date:31st October 2023
- Views 222
Job Title – Technical Sales Manager
Location – Home Based (SW England)
Reports to – VP Sales North Europe
Salary – Negotiable (depending on experience)
About ADDEV Materials: www.addevmaterials.com
ADDEV Materials was established in 2006 and is an intermediate-sized owner-managed company with more than 750 employees on 15 sites throughout the world. It has a turnover of 175 million euros. As a designer and manufacturer of long-lasting, customized materials – adhesives, technical films, glues and chemical products – ADDEV Materials ensures responsible industrial performance for its clients in the Aerospace & Defense, Mobility & Industries and Healthcare & Hygiene markets. ADDEV Materials is an expert manufacturer and distributor and also provides genuine know-how in terms of: – Converting technical films and adhesive solutions.
We are currently looking to recruit a home based, self-motivated, ambitious individual with proven aerospace consumables or coatings and related chemicals sales experience.
Job Purpose Statement
To develop ADDEV Materials position as a leading supplier to the Aerospace, Defence and similar high-tech industries; within a defined geographical territory and/or market sector. To achieve or exceed sales targets using sales and account management techniques in line with the company’s strategy. To provide consultancy to customers on the correct product selection and use, to enhance the customer’s process for mutual advantage.
To identify and call regularly on key customers and prospects, meeting key decision makers and presenting proposals for the sale/purchase and use of ADDEV Materials product range.
To increase market penetration and market share for ADDEV Materials.
The role will home-based and require external sales visits and marketing events, with frequent trips to the company’s facilities in the UK. The Technical Sales Manager must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner and have excellent communication skills to maintain and develop key relationships.
- To achieve sales targets set by and agreed with the VP Sales.
- To support and ensure continuity of business with customers through recognised account management techniques.
- To develop a time management programme and journey plan ensuring that customers are regularly visited at a frequency related to their expenditure and needs.
- To technically support the use of ADDEV Materials products at the customer.
- To fully understand and have expertise in the use of non-metallic materials in industry and the related specifications and environmental legislation. To use this knowledge to develop ADDEV Materials business in the marketplace.
- To develop and maintain an accurate market profile and records of key customers, contacts and specifications.
- To get to know key contacts in the customer base, meet them regularly and be recognised as a competent and knowledgeable consultant.
- To prepare proposals, quotes and offers to customers as required.
- To prepare and make formal presentations of the company’s products and services to customers and to secure new markets and orders as a result.
- Contribute to the activities and success of the company.
- Work with the customer services department and the Operations manager to ensure that ADDEV Materials offers the best and unrivalled levels of service, quality and value to its customers.
- Maintain a library of technical and commercial data necessary to support the application of ADDEV Materials products at the customer.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Graduate or similar calibre
- Knowledge of coatings and non-metallic materials technology and aerospace manufacturing techniques and requirements.
- Knowledge of specifications and regulations that affect the industry.
- Experienced in sales, with formal training in sales techniques and recognised account management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; numerate and literate.
- Motivated and methodical, good team-working skills.
- Self-starter, used to working unsupervised.
- Competitive and with a will to overcome objections and succeed in a competitive environment.
- Achieve sales targets and growth objectives in line with plan. Retain customers for the long term good of the company.
- Create an increased demand for the company’s products in a competitive market, where many similar offers are available.
- To become fully conversant with ADDEV Materials product and service offer
- To become expert in industry specifications and legislation, which affect the success of the business.
- To attain expertise in the application of ADDEV Materials products in the customer’s process.
- To identify new customers and opportunities and to progress sales from initial contact through to invoice.
- To communicate with suppliers and customers and to be recognised as an expert.
Closing date for applications 31/12/2023