Technical Officer, Agricultural Solutions
- Post Date:20th October 2022
- Views 53
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, agricultural solutions, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.ResponsibilitiesThe primary objective of this role is the development of graduates to produce high-quality field trials data in a manner which is accurate and safe to the employee, others and the environment. This includes but is not limited to:
- Assisting colleagues with trial operations such as: marking out, spraying, sampling, assessments, harvests and grain lab activities.
- Successfully completing allocated trials according to protocol, ORETO and EPPO requirements.
- Undertaking and fully engaging with the training programme necessary to enable the delivery of high-quality trials and safe use of equipment and performance of trials processes in a safe manner.
- Ensuring selection of high-quality trial sites and maintenance of sites to deliver high quality data for use in product submissions.
- Ensuring trials meet mandatory completeness requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with ORETO and EPPO requirements for collection, handling, storage, and reporting of data.
- Providing feedback and reporting of in-field seasonal progress or issues to the team.
- Acting in accordance with BASF’s Responsible Care policy and following guidelines with regards to compliance and Health and Safety rules and processes.
- Engaging in Environmental Health & Safety training provided and implementing safe practices in daily activities.
- You have a degree in Agriculture, Biological Sciences or equivalent.
- An NPTC Certificate of Competence in the use of Pesticides (Part 1&6) would be beneficial (an opportunity to gain the qualification will be provided).
- Beyond this, you preferably have some experience conducting field trials, and have an organised approach to your work.
- Using your excellent communication skills, you also work well within a team.
- A good level of IT skills, including Microsoft Excel is essential. Knowledge of ARM is preferable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- A full UK driving licence is essential, and you will be provided with a company/pool car for business purposes.
- Whilst the role is based around a typical working day, due to the nature of the work we ask that candidates are flexible to work outside of these times at peak periods in the year.
BENEFITSResponsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme; a share scheme; private healthcare, life insurance and a company car to name a few.We are happy to talk flexible working.BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender. We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made withoutregard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics. We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.Closing Date: 16 November 2022About UsAt BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.
Related Jobs (26)
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023
Demand Planner on 11th November 2023
Junior Artworker on 7th November 2023
Senior Product Stewardship – Labelling on 8th November 2023
Electrical Maintenance Engineer FMCG – Location: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire on 8th November 2023
Key Account Manager on 7th November 2023