Technical Manager – Antimicrobial Additives
- Post Date:22nd June 2021 13849
- Views 111
Job Title: Technical Manager – Antimicrobial Additives
Job Reference: Technical Manager
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Salary: Competitive, experience dependent
Application email/URL: https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=biocote&l=Coventry&vjk=9afca18fdfc45467&advn=3718027161220830
Closing Date: 30th July 2021
BioCote® is a market leading antimicrobial additives provider. Our open, consultative partnership approach to antimicrobial product integration is trusted by leading brands, manufacturers and product innovators worldwide. With 25 years of product development experience in polymer materials, liquid paints, powder coatings, ceramics and textiles, we support performance driven customer sectors including medical equipment, hygiene conscious consumer items and products used in the built environment. Integrating BioCote® antimicrobial technology creates distinctive, high-value products shown to reduce the negative effects of microbes on materials, to deliver our customers intrinsic product differentiation.
About the role
With continued international growth and planned expansion, it is an exciting time to join the senior management team of BioCote® as Technical Manager. Heading up our experienced technical team, the right candidate will play a significant role in driving product innovation and business transformation by working closely with our commercial and operations teams. With the necessary personal attributes and experience, the right candidate can take full advantage of this exciting opportunity and play a significant role in the future success of our business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the right candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Redefining business strategies based on technical expertise with a commercial appreciation; driving plans to adapt to industry and customer challenges.
- Experience of product development and driving innovation to deliver high-value product lines and meet future demands.
- Delivering guidance on biocidal regulations (BPR, FIFRA, EPA) and regional marketing claims.
- Ensuring that the use of biocidal products remains compliant with the relevant regulatory bodies and keep up to date with any regulatory changes.
- Representing the company in a technical/regulatory capacity to our customers and other professional organisations, including in customer-facing interactions that require technical input.
- Ensuring high-quality technical and regulatory support is given to all commercial aspects of the business such as sales, marketing and partner support.
- Experience with managing and implementing Regulatory and Quality Management Systems, including overseeing the internal auditing for UKAS/9001/14001/17025.
- Overseeing all microbiology testing and laboratory activities.
- Ensuring the right scientific processes are in place and that the most effective equipment, assays, consumables and solutions are used; identify productivity improvements including but not limited to process and equipment upgrades.
- Manage and nurture a flexible Technical Department (Chemistry, Microbiology, Quality, Regulatory Affairs) that can provide reactive and proactive support to customer queries, quality control initiatives, ISO accreditions, continuous improvement projects and scientific research projects.
- Producing technical documentation and reporting to provide up-to-date information to the senior leadership team.
Who we are looking for
We are keen to secure a candidate that has a proven track record of working within a science-based role, ideally in the field of microbiology. The ideal candidate will possess sound experience in product innovation, regulatory guidance, technical support for commercial teams and in managing and developing a team.
You will have a strong work ethic, be solution orientated, proactive and flexible, whilst maintaining a structured approach. You will also need to commit to mentoring, developing and coaching your technical team. You will be expected to lead by example, and the role will require you to be hands-on at times.
- Experience within a similar role, ideally with experience of biocides and biocidal regulations.
- Educated to degree level in a science related subject, ideally microbiology.
- Knowledge surrounding general microbiology techniques and equipment.
- Good commercial awareness and comfortable in customer facing roles.
- Creative thinker, organiser and problem solver with exceptional interpersonal skills, including team building, personal coaching and development.
- Experience of driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to contribute to technical excellence and innovation within the team.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to manage your team’s time and workload productively.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- PhD in microbiology
- Knowledge of antimicrobial additives and antimicrobial performance testing
This is an office-based role, so a commutable home location near our head office location in Coventry is essential.
What we offer
This is a chance for the right person to accelerate their career on a global scale and to succeed in an environment, where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. You will get to work alongside other dedicated members of the team, who are personally and professionally invested in BioCote®. If you are the right person for the role, you will be rewarded with further career progression and you will get to be a part of a success story within a dynamic high-growth business.
If you have experience of managing and developing a team, are tenacious with a competitive nature, have copious amounts of self-motivation, drive and determination then this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme
BioCote® is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates.
COVID-19 considerations: We have hand sanitisers placed in various locations in the building. PPE can and will be provided as required.
To apply for this position, please email your CV with a brief cover note to [email protected] stating Ref: Technical Manager.
Please no agency enquiries.
Related Jobs (5)
- Marketing Manager – Leyland Trade (fixed term contract) on 23rd July 2021 Full Time