Technical Field Sales Manager, Protective Coatings
- Post Date:2nd June 2021
- Views 415
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Technical Field Sales Manager to join our rapidly growing company based out of our ProCentre in St Helens.
We are committed to growing the Tikkurila industrial portfolio in the UK and are looking for a candidate whom has the motivation and ability to foster this growth by modifying and leading the implementation of our business plan. The plan includes the recruitment and development of a technical support team over the next 18 months to support the expected growth and the demands of the customer base.
An ideal candidate will have experience in selling industrial solvent and water based paints to OEMs, contractors and resellers / distributors, but consideration will be given to sales professionals with knowledge and experience in fields allied to Industrial Coatings.
- Refine, scope, shape and deliver the business development strategy and plans for a crucial area of the firm
- Develop customer base through regular visits including site visits and telephone conversations, concentrating on painting contractors and developing relationships with local authorities, architects, and other specifiers.
- Research and identify new projects and new customers.
- Provide a comprehensive technical service to customers including trouble shooting problems through analysis of the problem and providing a solution; conducting site visits as required.
- Produce specification quotes and tenders utilising in-house specification software.
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Must be from a paint/coatings background with experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in sales of protective coating products.
- Extensive contact with painting contractors, architects and local authorities.
- Excellent business relationship management skills
- Technical understanding of paint and its application to different substrates
- Current UK driving licence
- Experience of products specification
- A formal qualification in the coatings industry would be helpful such as ICORR but not essential.
- Technical knowledge of protective coatings and application.
- Experience of trouble shooting customer problems
- Valid Driving Licence
Key Competencies Required
- Plan and organise workload to achieve agreed sales targets.
- Self-motivation to optimise sales activity.
- Customer focused; able to identify and respond to customer needs.
- Communicate effectively; must have fluent written and spoken English.
- Negotiate with customers, agree specification and prepare quotations.
- Maintain and record sales activities and customer database.
- Work in a flexible manner to satisfy customer needs.
- Professional approach and appearance when working with customers.
Future Progression: Rapid company expansion will offer career progression.
Remuneration: Negotiable dependant on experience and track record.
Benefits Package: TBC
Holiday: 25 days per annum
Web Page: www.tikkurila.co.uk
Reports to: Directors
Location: Home Based (North West/North East/Yorkshire & The Humber/East Midlands)
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts unfortunately we are not always able to provide individual feedback. If you don’t hear from us within ten days of application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities in the future.