- Post Date:29th July 2022 14513
- Views 60
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.
Felling, Gateshead NE10 0EX
£20,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits
Technical Assistant – Introduction
This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest Chemistry, looking to use your talents to develop a career in a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and now you can be part of the team working on arrange of R&D projects at our site in Felling. We are looking for a Technical Assistant to join our Regional R&D team to provide business support for EMEA region and to gain industrial experience via on-the-job learning. The successful candidate will be committed to completing BCF modules, and there may also be the opportunity to continue to study for a part-time degree. Experience of working in a laboratory would be an advantage.
Technical Assistant – The Role
- Develop new products & technologies
- Develop fundamental understanding of key coating attributes
- Test /support existing technologies, products & processes
- Conduct, participate & evaluate trials/inspections
- Plan & deliver work covering experimental & standard paint manufacture, QA, testing & application projects
- Participate with factory on batch supervisions & pilot plant manufacture
- Suggest process improvements
- Work safely & comply with legal & company regulations
Technical Assistant – About You
- Qualification in Chemistry (A-level / HNC) preferred
- Strong communication, team working and interpersonal skills
- Good at following processes and procedures
- Organised and comfortable multitasking
- Good at building relationships and solving problems
- Understands the importance of keeping a safe working environment.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key
Technical Assistant – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including childcare vouchers, Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Technical Assistant – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
Who are AkzoNobel?
Customers around the world use our trusted brands and products. Some of them are household names, including Dulux and Cuprinol, others are more specialist products, but everything we make is likely to play an essential role in your daily routine. We are experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in colour and protection since 1792.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 24848