Technical Assistant Fire Protection
- Post Date:3rd January 2024
- Views 39
About the job
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
© 2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
Technical Assistant Fire Protection
Felling, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear NE10 0JY
Competitive Salary & Market Leading Benefits Package
Technical Assistant – Introduction
If you are good at following standard procedures and technical instructions and are looking for a role that will let you develop and make the most of your skills, this Technical Assistant role with AkzoNobel in Felling is for you.
Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe.
Technical Assistant – The Role
- Preparation and Coating (fireproofing) of steel sections with intumescents ready for fire testing
- Trowel application, airless spray application and plural spray application using our range of Chartek and Interchar products
- Drilling and adding thermocouples to sections
- Measuring and grinding of applied coating thicknesses
- Maintain documents and record data
- Operate to agreed processes, meet strict deadlines and produce work to agreed technical standards
- Maintain equipment and make sure high health & safety standards in the lab are met
- Work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team
- Demonstrate an interest in Quality and HSE standards
- Some travel will be required with this role
Technical Assistant – About You
- Secondary education & 6 BCF Level 3, NACE 1, City & Guilds equivalent.
- Some relevant industry experience in heavy engineering, steelworks or metal fabrications
- Experience in fire protection and fire protection application would be a benefit
- Paint spraying experience would be an advantage but not essential
Technical Assistant – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience).
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays.
- Income protection.
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Life Assurance.
- Company pension.
- product discounts.
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Technical Assistant – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3768085615
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024