Sustainable Business Lead
- Post Date:4th June 2021
- Views 334
Join us in putting sustainability at the heart of how we do business in this exciting new role, leading the work of the Sustainable Business Support Team.
At Hempel, our purpose is to shape a brighter future with sustainable coating solutions. We firmly believe that we will succeed as a company only if we place sustainability at the heart of how we do business. Earlier this year, we launched our new sustainability framework, Futureproof , which outlines our goals and ambitions for the next five years. Our framework includes a strong focus on enabling our customers to achieve their sustainability goals.
We are now looking for an experienced Sustainable Business Lead to join Group Sustainability and Government Affairs in this newly established role to help us deliver on our Futureproof goals – working closely with our commercial organisation, enabling them to engage with customers on sustainability.
Turning ambition into action
In this global role, you will drive change and help Hempel accelerate towards sustainability leadership.
You will report into the Head of Sustainability and Government Affairs and lead the work of the Sustainable Business Support Team – one of three teams within the function. The position is a strategy/content lead role, not a people manager position – and we expect you to have excellent leadership skills and the ability to lead peers.
We are looking for an experienced sustainability leader who can:
- Enable the commercial organisation to engage effectively with customers on selling sustainability (e.g. understanding our customers’ key sustainability challenges; developing tools, training and guidance for the commercial organisation; and working closely with them on integrating sustainability into value propositions for Hempel’s products and services).
- In close collaboration with our commercial organisation, create an approach for establishing sustainability-based partnerships with our customers.
- Create a strategic approach to sustainability data and analysis (operational and commercial) to enable us to develop and deliver the right tools for showcasing our sustainability results, identify gaps and communicate the benefits of Hempel’s products to our customers.
- Act as sounding board for our business segments (Marine, Decorative, Energy and Infrastructure) on their commercial strategy initiatives focusing on sustainability (e.g., advise and challenge to position Hempel for sustainability leadership).
- Stay abreast of sustainability trends relevant to our industry and our business segments to identify business opportunities in the sustainability space together with our commercial organisation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation for a successful outcome and engage the executive level together with the head of the function.
Join us in putting sustainability at the heart of how we do business
You will be joining a dedicated team of sustainability experts in Group Sustainability & Government Affairs. You can be based in Hempel’s headquarters in Kgs. Lyngby (Copenhagen) Denmark or our offices in Barcelona (Spain); Coesfeld (Germany); Bauvais (outskirts of Paris, France), Darwen (close to Manchester, UK), Conroe (TX, USA).
We are looking for someone with solid sustainability experience in an international setting
Our ideal candidate has a background in sustainability in a company similar to our ours.
We expect you to have:
- University degree in Sustainability, Business, Finance or similar
- At least 5-10 years experience working in the field of sustainability
- At least 5 years of team leadership and strategy development experience
- Solid track record engaging with a commercial organisation on selling sustainability and developing tools, guidance and training
- Extensive experience working strategically with sustainability data (operational and product related)
- Experience advising executive level on sustainability trends and opportunities
- Significant project management expertise
To succeed in this role you also have:
- The ability to think strategically and understand the big picture
- The ability to prioritise and lead others
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Excellent change management skills
- Great people skills and ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders
Application and further information
To apply for this position, please submit your application letter with a CV in English via our recruitment system by clicking the link ‘Apply now’.
Final deadline for applications is June 16, 2021. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the final deadline.
For further information about the job, please contact hiring manager, Head of Sustainability and Government Affairs, Dorthe Scherling Nielsen on email ( [email protected] ).
Related Jobs (2)
Business Development Manager – Marine on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Process Improvement Technician on 11th May 2023 Full Time