Supply Chain Projects Manager
- Post Date:25th March 2022
- Views 179
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. Our polymers help customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. Our business has grown significantly over the last 5 years with 2020 group revenues of £1.6 billion, our robust financial performance ensures we are well positioned to continue to invest for long-term growth. We employ 4750 people across 38 sites, our headquarters are based in London with regional innovation centres in UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA, as well as operational centres in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
Reporting to the EU Supply Chain Director, the purpose of this position is to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Supply Chain across Europe, through definition, development and implementation of projects.
- Working across functions to develop and implement Supply Chain Projects, using the Project Excellence framework to ensure high quality Project Management
- Managing Projects to ensure that they meet User Requirements, while controlling costs to budget and meeting implementation deadlines
- Effectively manage change throughout the Project cycle
- Train and support teams to embed new tools in their everyday working life
- Handover of tools to local team to ensure sustainability
- Monitor usage of systems to ensure operational performance is maintained
- Performance management of supply chain processes
- Ownership of the Demand Forecasting process and system (Arkieva) globally
- Ownership of the Supply Planning (RCCP) process and system (Arkieva) globally
- Monitoring the functional (Product / Demand / Supply) compliance to IBP management processes
- Propose, implement, monitor best practice process
- Improvements to processes for demand forecasting, supply planning, outbound logistics, inventory management and customer service
- Work collaboratively across functions and divisions within Synthomer
- Develop and manage monthly reporting routines
- Supply chain network optimisation
- Industry 4.0 project leadership
Essential Job Requirements
- Educated to Degree level
- Proven track record in Supply Chain Project Management, Change Management, IBP, Operations, end to end Supply Chain knowledge
- Project Management experience essential
- Ability to work in a matrix style in a complex international organisation
- SAP experience essential, MM, Sales, Distribution and Production
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and influence effectively across all levels in both written and verbal formats
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Professional gravitas, assertive and confident with a high level of personal and professional credibility
- Strong cultural awareness essential, adaptability and confidence to operate across geographic regions
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.