Supply Chain Coordinator
- Post Date:8th April 2022
- Views 127
- Career Level Entry
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. Our polymers help customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. Our business has grown significantly over the last 5 years with 2020 group revenues of £1.6 billion, our robust financial performance ensures we are well positioned to continue to invest for long-term growth. We employ 4750 people across 38 sites, our headquarters are based in London with regional innovation centres in UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA, as well as operational centres in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
The team: You will be joining a professional and enthusiastic team, who strive to provide best in class services within the organisation. An opportunity to develop within FTS 250 Company.
Purpose Of The Job
The purpose of the role is to coordinate the site Supply Chain activities. To deputise for and support the Supply Chain Manager.
- Hands-on site support in case of imbalance issues between supply and demand in the 0-3-month time frame, to support business continuity.
- Balancing and redistribution of reactor program, raw material planning, tanker loading and packing plan.
- Monitoring the forecast in MRP (materials requirement planning in SAP system) and adjusting as required.
- Arrange transport for raw materials and finished products to and from the external warehouse.
- Responsible person for creation and amendment of finished goods master data.
- Inventory target monitoring.
- Take necessary action to keep to agreed inventory targets.
- Review safety stock levels for semi-finished and finished goods on a regular basis.
- Attend Bulk tank review meeting and slow-moving stock meetings.
- Deputy for manager and running relevant reports in absence for senior team
- Deputy for the Supply Chain Manager regarding major supply issues.
- Toll manufacturing.
- Ensure all month-end procedures are completed to the timetable set by finance.
- Monitor finished goods warehouse provider’s performance and requirements, lead review meetings and biannual inventory stock checks.
- Monitor finished goods carriers performance and requirements and provide support to the Supply Chain Manager in review meetings.
- Support central freight procurement in the tender process for finished goods warehouse providers, finished goods carriers and carriers for raw materials.
- Maintain training manuals and provide training to external personnel in despatching pack goods from external warehouse.
- BSI Audit co-ordinator for Site Supply Chain activities.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in accordance with the department SOPS, updating when necessary and the Quality Management System.
- To support Supply Chain Manager in ensuring compliance to all site Safety Health & Environment (SHE) procedures within area of responsibility:
- Health and Safety Deputy for Supply chain Manager.
- Support Raw Material Scheduler investigating any HSE issues with suppliers and FCA carriers.
- Main cover for site scheduler and back up cover for raw material scheduler, Administrators and Business Apprentice.
- Ad-hoc projects or duties delegated by Manager
Education And Experience
- Planning and scheduling knowledge ideally within Supply Chain
- Customer Service and Logistics knowledge
- Ability to multi-task
- Have a hands-on problem-solving mentality, with the ability to make quick decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Service orientated
- Ideally qualified to degree level or qualified by relevant experience
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (6)
Production Operative on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Production Operatives on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Logistics Manager on 19th May 2023 Full Time
Operations Supervisor on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Material Handling Operator on 12th May 2023 Full Time
FLT Operator on 21st April 2023 Full Time