Store Operations Manager - Weston-Super-Mare
- Post Date:17th February 2023
- Views 74
Store Operations Manager
As a Store Operations Manager within our Johnstone’s Decorating Centre you will lead from the front. With responsibility for driving and growing sales, you will ensure that all operating standards achieve the expected level of excellence.
Within this role you will provide outstanding Customer Service and support within your store, demonstrating at all times a positive customer focused attitude.
39 hours a week
7:30 to 17:00 Mon-Fri
8:00 to 12:00 Sat
- Achieving expected sales and profit targets within store to ensure Company profitability.
- Providing day to day management of the Sales Assistants which will include the organisation and planning of both working rotas and absence planners. The number of direct reports will vary dependent on size of store.
- Providing training to all new and existing colleagues and coaching where necessary.
- Working Operational Managers to control resources in line with budgeted costs.
- Maintaining a high level of security, and full compliance with Company policies within the store in regards to stock, financial transactions, security and premises.
- Handling of the Decorating Centre accounts within the agreed company guidelines and policy.
- Ensuring that Health & Safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Carrying out any required recruitment and selection procedures in liaison with the District Operations Manager.
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment delivering on direct sales.
- Strong leadership, mentoring and motivational skills with previous supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to stay calm and composed when dealing with difficult situations.
- Flexibility in attitude towards both working hours and duties, providing cover for the other Decorating Centres in the Zone as required.
- A full valid driving licence held for a period exceeding one year.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and colour, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.