Specialist Payment Team Lead
- Post Date:11th November 2022
- Views 108
DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:This role consists of managing a team of 2 Payment Analysts, plus up to 2 temporary staff in readiness for the go live on May 1st 2023, of the Supplier Payments in the Cloud implementation. Testing begins in January 2023 and this team needs to be in place to support from Jan 1st.This Newly Formed Team Will Be Responsible For
- Monitoring and managing scheduled payment runs across EMEAI
- Resolving payments failures and returns
- Running and resolving suspect duplicate reports
- Carrying out fraud audits using 3rd party diagnostics where appropriate
- Running and managing the “netting process”
- Manging clearance of direct debits
Reporting to the AP Manager you will be expected to ensure service levels and key performance indicators are met by following all procedures and policies. The primary responsibility will be to manage EMEAI wide payment processes.The team will work closely with the local businesses, Treasury, 3rd party banks, IT and anyone initiating payment requests.Essential FunctionsTeam Management
- Leads by example.
- Can do attitude, always striving for service improvement.
- Coaches and supports the team, providing a first point of escalation.
- Holds weekly team meetings and 121s with direct reports to ensure appropriate communication and that personal development and objectives are on track.
- Defines the key goals/objectives for direct reports.
- Defines and agrees personal development plans.
Service and Performance
- Works with the broader Sherwin business community to ensure the new service is stabilized over the first 3 months following go live May 1st 2023.
- Monitors day to day performance of the team to ensure monthly service levels and KPIs will be met.
- Ensures reporting and monitoring of monthly service levels and resulting actions as required.
- Ensures service levels and process documentation are maintained and saved securely.
- Establishes and runs due diligence activities to detect fraud and test controls.
- Builds strong relationships with internal stakeholders and understands master data processes.
- Builds strong relationships with the direct team and internally (including, Treasury and Finance) to influence and ensure full buy in to agreed plans, actions.
- Ensure ongoing communication to internal customers.
Compliance & Risk Management
- Ensures services delivered are compliant with SOX, Sherwin Williams policies, procedures and all local statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Works with Internal Audit and external auditors to support their activities.
Formal EducationPOSITION REQUIREMENTSPreferred: AAT studier, part qualified accountant or other relevant professional qualification.RequiredKNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of working in an Accounts Payable operation in a shared service environment.
- Has worked with complex processes and cross functional teams within a global or EMEA service.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, able to think and plan operationally
- Capability to synthesize and analyze information quickly and make informed decisions.
- Manufacturing or similar industry
- Aware of process improvement techniques
- Strong management skills
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMSSherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Basic QualificationPlease note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.Equal OpportunityAn equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
Related Jobs (45)
HSE Advisor on 21st September 2023
DTS Field Service Engineer on 21st September 2023
Multi Skilled Technician on 21st September 2023
Territory Manager – Manchester on 8th September 2023
Business Assistant on 8th September 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Bradford on 1st September 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Southampton (FTC,3 months) on 8th September 2023
Technical Services Representative – Packaging Coatings on 8th September 2023
Export Customer Service on 5th September 2023
Territory Sales Consultant on 3rd September 2023