Software Test Engineer - Beyond Printer
- Post Date:25th March 2022
- Views 156
Are you a talented and ambitious software test engineer looking for the next challenge in your career? We have a fantastic opportunity here at Domino for a test engineer to join our Software department at an exciting time as we continue to expand our team of 70 developers and test engineers.
You will participate in the design and development of software solutions for our cloud-based services, exploring engineering best practices, whilst embedding quality at every step. You will be involved throughout the product lifecycle, from discovery to delivery, where we aim to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste. We achieve this by having a progressive and adaptable mindset that recognises agile values and principles, as well as the businesses.
Who we are looking for
You will work collaboratively within a UK-based Scrum team with the opportunity to utilise your experience in Python programming to contribute to building the right product in the right way. We’re seeking someone who has experience in automating tests using Python, desire to help build an automated test pipeline, and take responsibility of testing our cloud offerings.
This is an autonomous role where you are accountable for your own individual goals, as well as your team’s, and work dynamically to ensure they are delivered to expectation. We’re looking for someone with excellent communication who enjoys technical challenges and problem solving to join our team. You will be provided with the necessary environment, support and tools needed to work to your full potential whilst giving you opportunities to upskill and grow.
As a Software Test Engineer, some key responsibilities will be:
- Delivering value to customers by testing and ensuring the quality of our software solutions.
- Writing maintainable, robust, and scalable tests that cover functional and non-functional requirements utilising industry best practice.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of a test pipeline that enables effective testing of our cloud frameworks, infrastructures, and technologies.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis, solution design from a testing and quality viewpoint.
- Refining, estimating, and planning the product backlog.
- Contribute to the full software test cycle, by creating and maintaining test plans, and designs ready for you and the team to execute.
- Work alongside the team to ensure code has sufficient test coverage and is tested at the appropriate levels whilst following the test strategy.
- Assist cross-functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification.
- Execution of some necessary and appropriate manual testing.
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino, you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, and medical insurance as part of this role.
We are a highly successful company, that is large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management, and brand protection.
Click on ‘Apply’ and you will be directed to a web form where you can upload your CV. Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.