- Post Date:14th April 2023
- Views 79
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.Software Specialist
Felling, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear NE10 0JY
Competitive salary and benefits package
If you are interested in installing, developing, and testing software, this is a rare opportunity to influence the ongoing success of a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe. We are now looking for a Software Specialist to develop, test and implement software packages for the Marine and Protective Coatings global Chromascan colour range to support our global tinting operation.
Software Specialist – The Role
- Perform installations of software and printers remotely for global customers
- Provide IT support and training for existing software
- Develop and improve software by gathering requirements, writing specifications, working with programmers to deliver change, testing outcomes and documenting processes
- Troubleshoot customer queries
- Regularly review and update webpage content
- Writing reports using data analytics (production reports and software testing reports)
Software Specialist – About You
- Degree, STEM or IT subject preferred
- Comfortable working with computers and installing software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with a diverse global customer base
- Organized, attentive to detail, and able to write reports and perform calculations
- Analytical mindset to evaluate data to deliver meaningful business results
- Able to generate new ideas, proactively solve problems and provide solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of colour science advantageous but not essential
Software Specialist – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Software Specialist – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.