- Post Date:17th February 2023
- Views 106
Yordas Group is a leading international provider of scientific and consultancy services, regulatory advice and training to industry in sustainability, chemicals management and risk assessment. We help ensure companies are compliant and up-to-date with the regulations affecting their supply chains and product portfolios. Yordas is headquartered in the UK, with offices and representation across the globe.
Job title Software Engineer
Grade Associate / Consultant
Location Lancaster, UK / Remote in the UK
Salary range Dependent on experience
To support the continued growth of our business, we are looking to secure the services of a Software Engineer for the further development of our SaaS platform, internal tools and the ongoing expansion and management of our client-driven customised web applications.
Your job as a software engineer will involve working as part of the development team to create entirely new applications from specification to final deployment, as well as implementing new features and fixes in existing applications. You will be working in a fast-paced, energetic but supportive and friendly environment with potential for shaping the future of our software.
We try to have a minimum of two engineers per project, although you may sometimes work on projects on your own, and our engineers also work closely with our UX team on projects. We share best practices across the team and gain consensus for common approaches without forcing projects to be developed in a restrictive way.
Our products are typically deployed on Linux servers, but we are OS agnostic for your personal work computer where we give you a choice of Windows or Mac.
The successful candidate will be employed by Yordas Digital Limited, a subsidiary of Yordas Group.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working on new and existing Yordas applications, understanding customer expectations and translating them into software
- Liaising with the wider Yordas team to develop specifications for new applications and make improvements to existing applications
- Working with other members of the development team, you’ll be helping to plan the next iterations of our applications, contributing to our work on turning new ideas and specifications into database structures, software functionality, and intuitive interfaces
- Occasionally providing support to new and existing customers and helping to investigate and resolve any software issues that occur
Profile and Qualifications
- Experience developing web apps. Ideally this would be in Python or modern PHP, but if you don’t have experience in one or both of them that’s fine as long as you’re willing to learn them as required
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Comfortable at the command line (git, bash, SSH, etc.)
- Awareness of development processes including automated testing and code reviews
- Good knowledge of relational databases (ideally MySQL or MariaDB)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability and desire to learn and improve your development skills
- Minimum 2 years experience
Dependant on location, we offer an excellent range of staff benefits, including:
- Pension Scheme
- Gym membership
- Professional Development
- Social Culture
- Flexible working
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or age.
Candidates will be asked to answer four technical screening questions that cover the essential skills above. Candidates can complete the questions using their language of choice and the questions take approximately one hour to complete.