Social Media Manager
- Post Date:7th July 2023
- Views 63
About the job
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries. Social Media & PR Manager
Competitive salary plus benefits
Fixed Term contract for 6-9 months
Social Media & PR Manager – Introduction
With broad social media and PR experience in a branded environment, you are ready to help shape the ongoing success of a world expert in making decorative paints and coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is a world leader in coatings and home to some of the UK’s most well-known and loved home decoration brands, including Dulux, Dulux Trade, Cuprinol, Hammerite and Polycell. Not only will you be working on some powerhouse brands, but for a company awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe for the 11th year running.
We are now recruiting a communications professional with solid experience of social media and PR channels to support the execution of original branded content programmes with imaginative ideas and excellent execution across our owned and earned channels.
Social Media & PR Manager – The Role
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager to implement our social media strategy, driving the efficacy & efficiency of our social media and influencer efforts.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop the brand editorial calendar.
- Manage the press office across UK brands.
- Drive our approach on proactive community management & engagement.
- Oversee the agency team to effectively schedule/distribute content across social media channels.
- Measure performance against set KPI’s & implement actionable insights for the future across social, PR and influencer workstreams
- Oversee the development & implementation of an influencer strategy.
- Manage day to day social requests.
Social Media & PR Manager – About You
- Robust social media experience in a branded environment.
- Strong understanding of social media channels & their roles.
- Experience in PR and influencer channels
- Track record of executing projects that are end-user insight led.
- Good at managing stakeholders & agencies.
- Excellent communication, influencing & interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively within a matrix organisation/across teams.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
- Experience with Sprinklr an advantage.
Social Media & PR Manager – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Social Media & PR Manager – How To Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.