Site Maintenance Engineer
- Post Date:10th June 2022 14445
- Views 84
BASF Metals Recycling Limited, a BASF Group company, specialises in recycling catalytic converters. We have an excellent reputation for flexible and rapid customer service.
The primary objective of the role is to deliver direction to the engineering department, whilst working alongside our already in place Maintenance Technician and core Contractors. Recent investments and increase in volumes have required the need for additional Engineering resource in order to deliver our annual plan and be able to comply with our license to operate. Facilities management is also an integral part of this role, again with the support of Contractors. In order to achieve this, this role will-
- Be accountable for the successful completion of the sites preventative maintenance program including facilities management and site Legionella program.
- Be accountable for the site permit to work system.
- Be accountable for the competence and performance of all Engineering Contractor companies used across site. i.e implementation and compliance with ‘Safe Contractor’ program.
- Be the site responsible person for IT and infrastructure.
- Be the site responsible person for Security systems and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with internal departments to execute the site CAPEX program, delivering key investment projects safely, on time and within budget. Excellent budget management is essential.
- Educated to at least O-Level standard or equivalent and must be a time served electrical engineer.
- Demonstrable experience in managing a small engineering department in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience of permit to work systems and managing contractors is essential as is delivering small scale CAPEX projects and experience of managing budgets.
- Experienced ‘hands on’ electrical engineering background and knowledge of working with modern plc control.
At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including 25 days holiday; defined contribution pension scheme; a share scheme; private healthcare.
We are happy to talk flexible working.
BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics.
We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
Closing Date- 10 June 2022
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.