Site Buyer and Operational Officer
- Post Date:8th July 2022
- Views 87
BASF Metals Recycling Limited, a BASF Group company, specialises in recycling catalytic converters. We have an excellent reputation for
flexible and rapid customer service.
In this role you will provide professional procurement expertise to the BASF Metals Recycling Limited (BMRL) businesses in all areas of responsibility. This will include-
- Executing all site buying needs according to the BMRL Procurement Guidelines in cooperation with BMRL Procurement, TOM, Transition and BU teams.
- Contributing to BMRL, BU and site performance, driving EBIT and additional value contribution, and providing transparency on progress, opportunities, blocks etc.
- Actively engaging with business partners to promote BMRL objectives, manage & challenge requirements as a partner and deliver site needs, Procurement and BU targets.
- Providing single point of contact/support for all site Procurement needs (end to end) during pilot period and subsequently as site buyer provide bridge to wider Procurement organization.
- Managing suppliers (negotiations, innovation, development, meetings, sourcing, assessment) as well as market intelligence.
- Ensuring PR’s are appropriately managed through the P2P process in a prompt and efficient manner, supporting /training requisitioners in effective system usage.
- Working with BMRL P2P Bex functional process experts to maintain global SAP system functionality & performance, and maintaining local SAP and other systems & processes, as may be required.
- Developing local strategies / tactics in high impact areas, as well as simplifying and automating non-critical activities as needed.
- Acting in a way to develop and support “one team” approach throughout BMRL, BU & procurement departments.
- You have a minimum of a Bachelors degree in Business / Engineering / commercially relevant subject or 3+ years procurement buying experience.
- You have experience of purchasing and contract management activities and strong negotiations skills.
- Experience of SAP R3 or S4 is beneficial.
- You are an excellent communicator, a team player and have good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels both within and outside the company.
- You have excellent administration skills gained within a business environment.
- You can demonstrable workload management, prioritisation & multi-tasking skills.
- You are able to develop an understanding of our customer needs so as to adapt common procedures as well as taking responsibility and ownership.
- You are familiar with business software including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Business fluency in English is essential.
At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including 25 days holiday; defined
contribution pension scheme; a share scheme; private healthcare.
We are happy to talk flexible working.
BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we
partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender,
race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics.
We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
Closing date- 22 July 2022
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.
Related Jobs (6)
Production Operative on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Production Operatives on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Logistics Manager on 19th May 2023 Full Time
Operations Supervisor on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Material Handling Operator on 12th May 2023 Full Time
FLT Operator on 21st April 2023 Full Time