Sherwin Williams Protective and Marine R&D, Industrial placement student - 12 Months
- Post Date:23rd February 2022
- Views 273
Reports to: R&D Innovation team, Protective & Marine EMEAI
Mission of the role:
To work as part of a team to develop innovative and effective products/solutions. To assist in planning and
execution of projects and/or the solution of problems of minimal to moderate complexity.
• Designs and executes experiments as directed by supervisor.
• Assist with technically based investigations and begins to leverage knowledge from background research.
• Provide support to technicians and chemists within assigned Research & Development Group.
• Perform a variety of laboratory tasks utilising general instruments and advanced lab equipment.
• Complete appropriate research documentation, calculations, data analysis and effectively communicate
these results with supervisor and team members.
• Perform basic technical development, tests, analyses, and research based on formulas and project
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills, recognizes anomalies.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment and comply with site EHS requirements
• Required: Student currently studying for a degree in a chemistry related subject.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Undergraduate Chemistry knowledge.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
• Show strong work ethic
• Able to work to established deadlines
• Innovative approach to problem solving
• Able to work as team
• Able to confidently communicate
Applications for this position to be submitted to [email protected]
Related Jobs (5)
Chemical Operator on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Process Technician on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Chemical Process Operator on 17th March 2023 Full Time
Manufacturing Operative on 17th March 2023 Full Time
Senior Food Contact Specialist on 15th February 2023 Full Time