Sherwin Williams Protective and Marine R&D, Industrial placement student - 12 Months
- Post Date:23rd February 2022
- Views 269
Reports to: R&D Innovation team, Protective & Marine EMEAI
Mission of the role:
To work as part of a team to develop innovative and effective products/solutions. To assist in planning and
execution of projects and/or the solution of problems of minimal to moderate complexity.
• Designs and executes experiments as directed by supervisor.
• Assist with technically based investigations and begins to leverage knowledge from background research.
• Provide support to technicians and chemists within assigned Research & Development Group.
• Perform a variety of laboratory tasks utilising general instruments and advanced lab equipment.
• Complete appropriate research documentation, calculations, data analysis and effectively communicate
these results with supervisor and team members.
• Perform basic technical development, tests, analyses, and research based on formulas and project
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills, recognizes anomalies.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment and comply with site EHS requirements
• Required: Student currently studying for a degree in a chemistry related subject.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Undergraduate Chemistry knowledge.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
• Show strong work ethic
• Able to work to established deadlines
• Innovative approach to problem solving
• Able to work as team
• Able to confidently communicate
Applications for this position to be submitted to [email protected]
Related Jobs (3)
Chemical Process Operator on 17th March 2023 Full Time
Manufacturing Operative on 17th March 2023 Full Time
Senior Food Contact Specialist on 15th February 2023 Full Time