- Post Date:27th October 2023
- Views 64
About the job
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.
With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Purpose Of The Job
To support the SHEQ Manager with a clear focus of being present on the plant itself ensuring a high standard of safety on-site. Maintaining the company’s safety policies by spending time with Engineering function, liaising with staff from all levels. Ensuring safety systems of work are functioning effectively. Organise and personally run the safety monitoring, auditing, and training systems. Supporting the other departments across the site in maintaining accurate records and assisting with document control.
- Manage SHE training programmes to ensure all employees work according to the Golden Rules of Safety and SHE principles. Also ensure they have received suitable on the job training.
- Ensure site safe systems of work; Permit to Work and Management of Change compliance.
- Ensure occupational health and safety risk assessments are completed and maintained including:
- Manual Handling Risk Assessments.
- Noise – Surveys and area/personal monitoring.
- Job and Task risk assessment.
- First Aid provision assessment.
- PUWER assessments.
- Fire safety risk assessments.
- Occupied Building Risk Assessments.
- Other occupational health and safety assessments.
- Chemical exposure assessments.
- Manage compliance to dangerous goods regulations.
- Ensure adherence to PPE testing and maintenance programmes.
- Provide advice and input on occupational health and safety matters.
- Perform regular site audits and inspections as detailed within the Synthomer SHEMS system.
- Implementing and supporting best practices in hazard identification, risk assessment and accident/incident investigation.
- Maintain and analyse records of inspections, audits, and accident reports. -Manage testing and sampling of occupational exposure to noise, air quality etc.
- Support the site sustainability objectives and compliance with site ISO certification requirements.
- Work with the site ERP system (SAP), processing orders etc.
- Responsible for completing SHE inductions.
- SHE committee cell coordinator.
- A NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent plus at least 2 years health and safety experience.
- A background in Chemistry, mechanical or chemical engineering.
- A proactive approach to health and safety with ability to lead by example.
- Strong organisational, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and SAP.
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (21)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023