Senior Structural Fire Engineer
- Post Date:9th June 2023
- Views 150
About the job
Are you passionate about the fire engineering processes and ready to drive the the improvement process for our coatings? See more details below.
The Hempel Group is a leader in the production and sale of industrial paints. Today, we have 10 research units, 27 factories, 48 sales offices and more than 150 warehouses located in strategic locations around the world.
Our Solution Management department, dedicated to Infrastructure, consists of 15 people and currently is looking for experienced Senior Structural Fire Engineer – to support commercial activities for Passive Fire Protection (PFP).
- Lead the development of PFP and sharing of technical knowledge across the Hempel organisation
- Optimise PFP specifications by applying fire engineering principles for cellulosic and hydrocarbon projects globally
- Undertake fire engineering calculations and assessments to optimise coating specification
- Develop technical knowledge, improving specification of intumescent coatings
- Drive development and implementation of the Hempel engineering software
- Provide support and guidance according to Hempel policies and best practice
- Identify training needs and develop competency of estimation teams
- University degree in Engineering (Structural or Fire Engineering) or related technical area
- 3 years of experience as a Fire Engineer
- Solid knowledge of the intumescent industry, ideally Cellulosic and Hydrocarbon
- Excellent English proficiency, written and verbal
- Experience on the role of Chartered Engineer is valuable
- Membership of the Institute of Fire Engineers is nice to have
- Good PC user:Microsoft Office including Word, Excel (advanced), Power Point
- Experience with AutoCAD/ Finite Element Modelling is preferred
- Customer-oriented, enjoying providing support to other stakeholders within the organisation
- Organised and reliable with strong planning and follow up skills
- High safety and quality orientation, eager to find and implement solutions
- Good team player with ability to work as a part of the team, same with the limited supervision
You can work in one of our offices in the following locations: Cwmbran (UK) or Barcelona (Spain). This role is requiring travelling (around 20% yearly).
Please apply to the position with your CV and Cover Letter in English.
Join a global company where the employees are truly passionate about delivering the best in everything they do. With business in mind and people at heart we always work together to influence our road ahead. We want you to be part of our growth journey and of a great, global family.
Across the globe, Hempel’s coatings solutions protect surfaces, structures and equipment. They extend asset lifetimes, reduce maintenance costs and make homes and workplaces safer and more colourful. Hempel was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1915 by J.C. Hempel, and is solely owned by the Hempel Foundation, which not only ensures a solid economic base for the company, but is dedicated to making a difference in the world by empowering children to learn, supporting coatings science and sustaining biodiversity.