Senior Project Engineer
- Post Date:26th August 2022 14532
- Views 55
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.Who are AkzoNobel?Customers around the world use our trusted brands and products. Some of them are household names, including Dulux and Cuprinol, others are more specialist products, but everything we make is likely to play an essential role in your daily routine. We are experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in colour and protection since 1792.Senior Project Engineer
Up to £50k depending on experience
Birmingham, West Midlands
For a Project Engineer with experience working in a COMAH chemical facility, this is a rare opportunity to influence the ongoing success of a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe. We are now recruiting a Senior Project Engineer to deliver major CAPEX projects at our Performance Coatings manufacturing operation in Birmingham.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create a 5 Year Capex plan, developing clear project scopes & taking budgetary control
- Participate in hazard study reviews if needed
- Allocate project resources & work to deliver projects on time, within budget & within scope
- Manage stakeholders & oversee the work of contractors
- Prepare & maintain project documentation + project related SOPs
- Identify training needs & prepare training documentation for operating personnel
- Ensure work complies with statutory, regulatory & company standards.
- Graduate in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience working as a site-based Project Engineer on a COMAH chemical facility, which is regulated by both the HSE & EA
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles & practices
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ideally qualified as a process engineer
- Qualified to be a permit issuer & acceptor
- Flexible to work overtime & weekends, with time in Lieu.
What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including childcare vouchers, Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 18766