Senior Product Stewardship - Labelling
- Post Date:8th November 2023
- Apply Before: 13th December 2023
- Views 41
About the job
Axalta has remained at the forefront of the coatings industry by continually investing in innovative solutions. We engineer technologies that protect customers’ products – whether they are battling heat, light, corrosion, abrasion, moisture, or chemicals – and add dimension and beauty with colourful finishes. We have a vast and ever-evolving portfolio of brands primed to play an important part in everything from modernizing infrastructure around the world to enabling the next generation of electric and autonomous vehicles.
This position is part of our U-POL brand. U-POL is a leading supplier of body filler, coatings, aerosols, abrasives, polishes, and consumables to the car repair market with a market reputation for high-quality products and sales to over 100 countries. U-POL is part of the Axalta group, a $4.4bn organization headquartered in Philadelphia with market-leading positions in many coatings segments.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Stewardship Specialist to join us at our facility in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, UK.
The purpose of this role is to act as the regulatory specialist for the U-POL organisation and ensure both compliance with existing legislation and anticipation of future regulatory changes to allow proactive preparation work with our technical team. To ensure that regulatory and technical information is stored and administered in an appropriate fashion, with full version control and traceability. To act as the Axalta global specialist on compliance with consumer regulations.
- Monitoring regulatory environment for implementation of new legislation in areas of sale and ensuring maintained compliance with any changes.
- Auditing compliance of existing formulations against regulations of countries of current sale.
- Anticipating potential future regulatory action that could impact the business to aid planning.
- Act as company expert on consumer regulations and advise the business on measures necessary for compliance with these.
- Monitoring potential reclassification of existing raw materials (for example under REACH) to provide foresight for formulating projects.
- Assessing regulatory conditions of new markets prior to entry.
- Maintaining substance & raw material hazard classifications in regulatory software based on supplier information.
- Monitoring impact of raw material classification changes and formulation updates on product SDS and labels.
- Providing input to the artwork generation process to ensure that product labels and technical literature meet legal minimum standards from a regulatory perspective and that technical claims can be justified by data.
- Calculating and updating VOC statements to reflect formulation changes.
- Responding to formulation disclosure requests, eg. to government competent authorities.
- At least five years experience in a role involving regulatory compliance in a chemical manufacturing organisation preferably in the coatings industry.
- Knowledge of key regulatory drivers of the global chemical industry, eg. REACH and VOC regulations for both industrial and consumer markets
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or with comparable industrial experience: numerate, analytical and IT literate.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Axalta operates its business in two segments: Performance Coatings and Mobility Coatings, which serve four end markets, including Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Our diverse global footprint allows us to deliver solutions in over 140+ countries and coat 30 million vehicles per year. We’ve recently set an exciting 2040 carbon neutrality goal, in addition to 10 other sustainability initiatives, and we take pride in working with our customers to optimize their businesses and achieve their goals.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3735644109
Related Jobs (20)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023