Senior Food Contact Specialist
- Post Date:15th February 2023
- Views 142
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.Senior Food Contact Specialist
Birmingham, West Midlands.
Senior Food Contact Specialist – Introduction
As a graduate in a Scientific discipline with in-depth knowledge of the European Food Contact legislation and relevant guidance, this is a rare opportunity to develop your career with a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe. We are now recruiting a Senior Food Contact Specialist to provide food contact guidance and ensure compliance of AkzoNobel raw materials and products for our packaging coatings business in Birmingham.
Senior Food Contact Specialist – The Role
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of food contact regulations & ensure transfer & retention of knowledge.
- Provide guidance to assure compliance for AkzoNobel raw materials & products.
- Respond to internal customers & resolve raw material/product compliance issues.
- Conduct risk assessments to determine if uses are safe.
- Produce European food contact regulatory compliance statements.
- Interrogate validity & accuracy of data.
- Participate in advocacy & lobbying activities.
- Identify new/revised European food contact regulatory developments, trends and market needs/opportunities, assess the business impact and share insight with colleagues.
- Produce and update EU Food Contact regulatory roadmaps.
Senior Food Contact Specialist– About You
- University Degree or equivalent in Scientific discipline.
- Experience in PSRA role or RD&I or other relevant functions.
- Understands applicable Chemical/Product Regulations.
- Familiar with working within quality management system frameworks.
- Able to understand & interpret complex information.
- Proficient in MS Office especially Excel.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
- Committed to quality.
Senior Food Contact Specialist – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Senior Food Contact Specialist – How To Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.