Senior DevOps Engineer
- Post Date:20th August 2021
- Views 266
Senior DevOps Engineer
Are you a talented and ambitious DevOps Engineer looking for that next challenge in your career? We have a fantastic opportunity here at Domino for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our R&D Software Services team providing the platform for the Software Department to deliver class leading software for our range of industrial printing products.
You will join our Software Department at an exciting time as we continue to expand our team of 70 developers and test engineers. Your role will be to add value in our build and test pipelines and other infrastructure and to help enable improvement in team workflows and tool chains, ultimately to ensure Domino continues to be a market leader in Coding and Marking Solutions.
About the role
As an active member of a team that has an agile approach and uses Kanban as its chosen methodology, you will be responsible for building value in our existing platform and collaborating in the design and implementation of new services as well as supporting the value stream teams in their work day to day. That includes, for example, CI/CD pipelines including builds and testing – particularly automated testing – as well as issue tracking, source code management, binary artifact management, observability and business continuity measures.
Some of the key tasks and capabilities of this role are:
- Collaboratively work with team members to ensure completion of technical tasks. Contribute to work discussions aimed at identifying solutions to technical challenges.
- Develop ‘I’ shaped skills (deep knowledge in a single area) and begin to develop wider ‘T’ shaped skills that grow and expand your knowledge across the entire platform.
- Ensure all relevant knowledge is captured and shared using appropriate methods
- Where applicable, share knowledge and help develop the skills of team members
- Participate in the agile maturity of the Kanban team, working together to become a high performing team.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have in-depth experience of software development & testing and/or IT operations. We need both perspectives in the team, and of course it may be that your existing experience encompasses both. Skills that are required for the role are in deploying and administering services as follows – please note that the technology we are currently using is listed here but experience in an equivalent is also applicable.
– CI/CD (Jenkins)
– Cloud Infrastructure (Azure)
– Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible)
– VCS (Bitbucket Data Center, Rhodecode)
– Issue Tracking (Jira Cloud)
– Wiki (Confluence Cloud)
– Binary Artifact Management (Artifactory)
– User Management (Access, Crowd)
Just as important as these technical skills is experience and/or understanding of working collaboratively with teams who are delivering customer value within an Agile Scrum environment. It’s also desirable to have a rounded knowledge of industry trends and best practices for improving flow across the whole software development and testing effort.
We are looking for someone with key personal attributes that align with our Domino Values of Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility:
- Works with collaboration mindset and team mentality
- Strong communication skills: challenging assumptions but also demonstrating genuine interest, empathy and appreciation for other ideas to continually improve
- A desire to learn and gain knowledge across the entire software codebase
- Take ownership and responsibility delivering both personal and team goals
At Domino Printing Sciences, we believe in doing more for our employees as well as our customers. A highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance, dental plans, enhanced maternity leave, as well as schemes such as the Cycle Scheme and the Tech Scheme. We know that training and development is essential for us all to progress our careers and there will be lots of development opportunities here at Domino. We think Domino is a great place to work and we’re committed to Domino offering a fun, challenging and really rewarding workplace.
Who we are
Domino is an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd has a long-established global reputation for the development and manufacture of coding, marking and printing technologies, as well as its worldwide aftermarket products and customer services. We offer a wide range of printing technologies including continuous Inkjet, Laser Coding, Drop on Demand, Print and Apply and Thermal Inkjet. We are positive you will have seen the success of our products without even noticing, from expiry dates on eggs to medicines in your bathrooms.
If you want to join a global expert industry company dedicated to investing in its people, its products and its future then apply now at. Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Over the last year we have been very creative and flexible in adapting to working from home and the needs of our teams. This has helped us develop what is now an effective remote on-boarding process that understands, and accounts for, the challenges of joining a new organisation remotely. We want our new team members to feel part of the team immediately even if this isn’t possible physically.
Please click on ‘Apply for this vacancy’ below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.
Related Jobs (3)
Software Engineers – HP Wolf Security (Cambridge, UK) on 27th January 2023 Full Time
Software Engineers – HP Wolf Security (Cambridge, UK) on 19th January 2023 Full Time