- Post Date:29th August 2023
- Apply Before: 29th September 2023
- Views 37
About the role
The Print Systems Software group is looking for a new agile colleague! We are circa 70 software professionals in the Research & Development department. We have developed our agile mindset over the last five years and want to continue to improve our ways of working. We currently have six software teams, each choosing their own flavour of agile working. Currently most teams use the Scrum framework. And thus, we would like another Scrum Master to join us.
We want to continue to develop our inclusive and agile culture and we need your help with that. Together we will experiment and learn, so specific responsibilities will change over time. Here’s what we have in mind on a short to medium term basis:
- Most teams use Scrum, but we’d like you to support them with whatever framework they use, so long as it fits the agile values and principles.
- Be a part of the agile community with your fellow Scrum Masters: The Adaptorists. Lend an ear, propose an idea and help drive initiatives to improve, inspire or innovate.
- Challenge processes and ideas to help us live up to agile values and principles. Support everyone in making data-informed decisions leading to value generation.
- Collaborate with people outside the teams and break down barriers, increase transparency, understanding and relationships.
- Promote and sustain psychological safety in and between teams and departments. Make it safe to fail, easy to raise a concern and a great place for learning.
We want to support you in being successful and proud of your achievements with us. We have listed some important attributes we’ll be looking for:
- An agile mindset and some experience working in or with agile software team.
- Team building. You can support teams in getting to the next step on their collaborative journey. You also know when to escalate a concern and when to let them get on with it.
- Communication and influencing skills. You are a good listener and make sure people feel heard. You know when to teach, coach or partner.
- Facilitation skills. You have experience of facilitating meetings or workshops.
- Data-informed rather than data-driven. You know about common pitfalls and how to avoid jumping to conclusions.
- Organisation and discipline. You are organised in your work and you support others to be organised and disciplined, too.
- You take responsibility for your goals and your work. Also when it didn’t go to plan. And you inspire others to do the same.
- You are comfortable receiving and providing feedback. Whether it is reinforcing or developmental, you understand feedback is a gift. You can also encourage others to exchange feedback in a constructive manner.
- You are comfortable with healthy conflict. You understand the need for differing views and can support people who struggle to speak up. You can also help people resolve the occasional not-so-healthy conflict.
There are other opportunities for you to get involved. These aren’t mandatory and you don’t have to have matching skills to apply.
- Line management. We have a fluid line management system and mix and match skills and interests.
- We have various initiatives across the business. You can be a Champion for Inclusion or Internal Communication. You can join a Centre of Excellence or one of many other opportunities.
- You can get involved in improving job descriptions and interviewing potential new colleagues, or help improve our on-boarding experience.
- Teaching or supporting non-software teams on their agile journey.
- Be the latest panel member on the Adaptorists’ Podcast.
- Prepare a talk or workshop for an agile conference or attend as a delegate.
What you can expect
At Domino Printing Sciences, we do more for our employees as well as our customers. We’re large enough to offer career development yet small enough to recognise and reward your contribution.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. It includes 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell) and a discretionary bonus. We also offer life insurance, medical insurance, dental plans and enhanced maternity leave. Plus schemes such as the Cycle Scheme and the Tech Scheme.
We know training and development is essential. That’s why we offer lots of opportunities.
We think Domino is a great place to work and we’re committed to offering a fun, challenging and rewarding workplace.
We are responsible for design, implementation and testing of the software for all Domino coding and marking products. We continue supporting and developing our infield products as well.
Domino Printing Sciences plc is an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd. Domino has a long-established global reputation for the development and manufacture of coding, marking and printing technologies. Domino is also known for worldwide aftermarket products and customer services. We offer a wide range of printing technologies which you can read more about on our website. You will have seen the success of our products without even noticing, from expiry dates on eggs to medicines in your cupboard. If you want to join a global expert industry company dedicated to investing in its people, its products and its future then apply now.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Related Jobs (42)
HSE Advisor on 21st September 2023
DTS Field Service Engineer on 21st September 2023
Multi Skilled Technician on 21st September 2023
Territory Manager – Manchester on 8th September 2023
Business Assistant on 8th September 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Bradford on 1st September 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Southampton (FTC,3 months) on 8th September 2023
Technical Services Representative – Packaging Coatings on 8th September 2023
Export Customer Service on 5th September 2023
Territory Sales Consultant on 3rd September 2023