Sales Specialist, Vegetable Seeds, Agricultural Solutions Southern England
- Post Date:21st April 2023
- Views 48
About the job
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, agricultural solutions, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.ResponsibilitiesAs a member of an exciting Global Crop Team you will work to develop partnerships with UK growers, understand their needs as well as their customer needs and use this to best influence decisions.
- You will be responsible for the planning, establishment and assessment of the local product development trials of our new material and the communication of these results to the crop community and your local team.
- You will collaborate closely with colleagues who work with growers around the world daily to bring leading knowledge, innovation and added value solutions to your customer.
- You will develop and build successful customer strategy management, translating your knowledge and understanding of your customer in to a clear vision and set of differentiating objectives.
- You will be responsible for improving our market position by exploring and exploiting new opportunities, adding value where possible and by anticipating customer and consumer needs, allowing us to stay one step ahead in R&D.
- You will plan, review, adapt and execute the annual sales plan in line with the marketing and sales strategy.
- You will introduce company product to national strategic customers in line with the marketing and sales strategy.
- You will formulate and negotiate with customers regarding annual contracts and concepts, in order to realise short-term sales targets and long-term partnership relations.
- In addition, you will provide market, price, and product information in line with the marketing and sales strategy in order to contribute to the formulation of the marketing and sales plan in the crop team.
- You will proactively report the proceedings in sales and the consequences for the other departments.
- You will take care of collections in line with the financial policy and payment terms in order to ensure cash flow.
- You will contribute to the trial program in order to come up with proposals regarding the assortment, and to verify performance in a commercial setting.
- You will initiate the introduction of new varieties and propose pricing levels and product forms in line with the marketing and sales strategy in order to contribute to commercial success of new varieties.
- You will contribute to a successful specialist crop team by sharing MCI with colleagues, collaborating where required and bringing a positive mind-set and input to the team.
- You hold a degree in an agricultural discipline or have a proven track record of many years of experience in an agricultural commercial role.
- You have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- You are a team player, who sees the benefit of supporting others to succeed.
- You can equally work autonomously with a high level of self motivation.
- You have a proactive nature and the ability to take initiative.
- You have experience of introducing new products to market and can demonstrate the processes needed to do this.
- You understand the essence of partnerships with customers.
- Knowledge of the fresh product industry is preferred.
- You hold a valid driving licence. Frequent travel is required.
- This role is homebased, responsible geographically for Southern England ().
- You speak English fluently.
BENEFITSResponsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme; company car, a share scheme; private healthcare and life insurance to name a few.We are happy to talk flexible working.BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender. We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, mari
Related Jobs (3)
Sales Assistant (PT, 20 Hours) – Chesterfield on 12th May 2023 Part Time
Sales Assistant on 12th May 2023 Full Time