- Post Date:31st October 2023
- Views 118
The Sales Representative is responsible for growing our market share by identifying and selling to prospective customers/target accounts.
- Travel to existing customers, handle daily business and provide technical service and consultancy to them.
- Search for and create new business opportunities in accordance business needs, possibilities and capacity.
- Collect reliable customer/territory information and estimate individual customer potential.
- Conduct competitive product testing and comparisons to S-W and identify current competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and S-W’s competitive advantage.
- Develop territory market development plan and obtain approval.
- Develop a strategy to sell target customers, and identify items or product categories that require specific attention in support of this strategy.
- Develop weekly selling plan and conduct sales calls accordingly, occasionally in conjunction with the General Manager and Managing Director.
- Determine where customer is in the overall selling process and what steps are necessary to accelerate the process.
- Conduct product demos to support the selling process.
- Access product/technical information to support customers’ application requirements.
- Complete required call and expense reports on a timely basis.
- Identify products and quantities that must be carried in inventory to support customer needs and communicate this to servicing facility.
- Identify potential problems and work with the General Manager to resolve.
- Handle customer complaints within lines of authority and manage process to resolution.
- Assist General Manager in resolution of product supply problems.
- Positively represent and promote company, materials, solutions, service and other business benefits.
- Follows and implements all applicable organisational and local legislation.
- Plans his/her work effectively with respect of time and stated targets.
- Following up continual personal progress and improvement.
- Creates and uses proper market knowledge.
- Ensure customer quality and service expectations are consistently met; eliminate or reduce customer complaints.
- Achieve or exceed sales and profit budget.
- Maintain expenses at or below budget.
- Increase gallon growth.
- Grow opportunity account sales.
Required: Secondary school level education.
Preferred: Higher level education in a related field.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Sales experience.
- Commercial and industry knowledge.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to interface effectively with sales, technical and manufacturing management.
Travel Requirements (time spent away from home or other typical office location): +75%
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.