Sales Manager – Commercial Sector
- Post Date:2nd June 2023
- Views 77
About the job
We currently have one of the best Workplace Services & Solutions portfolios on the market across Personal Systems, Print & Collaboration. We have an opening in our team as a Sales Manager – Commercial Sector to lead a team covering HP’s Commercial Clients within End User Sales . You will be responsible for the Workplace Services across Personal Systems & Print across both Direct & Indirect routes to market in the UK&I.
- Strong sales professional, you demonstrate by example– Entrepreneurial and acquisition focused.
- Experienced at developing a sales culture that promotes the values of HP
- People development within a sales function is where you thrive, enabling your team to deliver results is how you measure your success, have experience at ensuring your team have measurable development plans in place.
- Successfully manage and develop CXO relationships, within partners and customers, at times with contrasting agendas.
- Strong business acumen, which should include forecasting your team’s financial performance, taking a judged view on your sales pipeline, understanding the bridge to success, and demonstrating you have a plan to deliver.
- Demonstrating a winning attitude which enables and supports those in your team and the management team you are part of.
- Demonstrate success in winning multimillion dollar service contracts, understanding the pursuit and enabling the team through coaching for solution selling.
- Experience and knowledge of working within technology sales and understand the stakeholder landscape in a customer environment.
- Be out of the office visiting clients supporting, your team in the field, you are used to travelling, but understand the importance of having a strong virtual presence in meetings and are comfortable in a hybrid environment being able to present in any forum.
- You understand the value of the channel as a key asset where strong relationships must be developed and supported, and any conflict managed successfully and in a timely fashion through a strategic plan.
- You always stay ahead of the game by acquiring in-depth product knowledge, solutions, and services, both HP’s and the competition and can feed back to the business to enable a constant cycle of improvement to enhance HP’s ability to win.
Sales and Business
- In line with HP Inc company strategy – orchestrate the development and execute sales plans that reflect HP’s business strategy to advance market share, drive sales activities and achieve profitable growth.
- Ensure successful sales account management coverage within your sector to maximise opportunities.
- Monitor, develop and coach your account managers with their sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near- and long-term opportunities.
- Use competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer’s buying decisions.
- Focus on the overall HP Inc strategic direction and portfolio.
- Country level partnering, establish professional relationships and credibility with key IT and business executives.
- Stay current with industry, competitive research, and information to enable rich client dialogue. Maintain an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets to position and map HP capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
- Team management
- Leading a team of sales and inside sales throughout UK &I you will assesses and manage their performance to ensure personal and group excellence; build sales activities to increase productivity and accomplishments.
- Strategize and coach the team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for HP.
- Assess teams for strengths/challenges and ensures that the team capitalizes on individual strengths, while compensating for personal responsibility.
- Counsel and support peers through selling challenges; manage the performance and results of both high and low performers.
- Support individual and team development
Experience And Skills
- Sales and Business
- Experienced in translating business goals into actionable plans and metrics.
- Successfully achieve quota across a team or other sales team related goals.
- Actively managed business plans to meet revenue goals/quotes.
- Tracked and managed a team’s rolling forecasts and budgets to ensure timely and accurate roll-ups.
- Built monitored and orchestrated a team’s sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long-term opportunities.
- Experienced in balancing quick wins against longer sales-cycle opportunities to ensure both immediate wins and long-term profitability for HP.
- Proven experience managing the top- and bottom-line. Monitored discounts and margins involved in individual deals to align them with group performance.
- Actively drove key enterprise and strategic account activities – promoted vision and models.
- Experienced in developing and nurturing solid relationships, including enduring Executive & Country level relationships.
- Proven experience in selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that HP products and services accurately address the customer/client’s true business need in terms of type, scope, level (Solution Selling).
- University/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Typically, 7+ years’ experience in sales.
- Experience in business to business solution selling, ideally within the technology industry
- As this role is mainly out in the field (approximately 70% of your time), we are flexible where you are based.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!