Sales Director Beverage EMEA
- Post Date:20th August 2021
- Views 229
The Sales Director Beverage EMEA is an innovative commercial leader in the Packaging coatings SBU. This individual will drive long-term success of the business developing and implementing account strategies that will include current and long-term sales growth plans, PC improvement/maintenance actions, and pricing initiatives as well as guiding R&D for advantaged product innovation for several strategic accounts.
The Sales Director Beverage EMEA collaborates externally with customers and brand owners and internally with commercial, segment and technical leaders to set a strategic path forward for their key accounts. Once established they have superior operational excellence to drive the strategy within a global matrix organization for each responsible account.
This candidate has the ability to quickly understand and act on customers by addressing service, regulatory and technical needs. She/he is well equipped to influence at multiple levels of the organization and drive large scale, multi-year, multi-national commercial offerings. They must balance the need to service our current, diverse product portfolio with the ambition to continue to outpace market growth by gaining share through leading solutions, innovative technology and commercial relationships.
The selected candidate can be home-based in any location in Europe but will travel considerably to meet with customers and brand owners and provide strategy leadership to their team and commercial accounts.
Performance Objectives: In the first 12 months, the Sales Director Beverage EMEA will:
- Update regional account plans aligned with SBU objectives with clear execution metrics
- Drive increased beverage segment share growth by improving volume, sales revenue and profitability
- Drive value for PPG and the customer through planned entanglement strategies
- Through Voice of Customer and deep customer knowledge develop a forward looking product development and qualification strategy positioning PPG for future growth in alignment with other strategic account priorities
- Motivate the organization as a Team and as individuals using coaching, personal development and performance management tools
- In alignment with global Segment managers’ guidance and the regional GM, develop pricing and commercial guidance to key account managers and technical support structure
Act in a competitive and volatile Global and Regional market context
Lead by influence in a x-functional matrix organization. Develop & coach others
Extensive travel required
What makes a successful Global Key Account director at PPG?
- Quickly navigate into customers understanding opportunities and areas of partnership.
- Driving results is a key pillar to PPG and especially for this key sales commercial leadership role
- Strong communicator
- Garners a close connection with segment and technical service managers to properly align resources
- Properly communicates at all levels of customer’s organization to deepen the business to business relationship for PPG.
- A strong strategic thinker with the discipline of operational excellence.
- A great coach and developer of talent.
- An experienced commercial thinker that can accurately understand the business landscape including customers, brand owners and competitors to develop effective tactics for short-term commercial offers and long term strategic alignment with the customer.
- 10+ years direct sales experience
- Preferably with industrial manufacturing customers
- Large account management experience
- Large contract negotiation experience and contract Terms & Conditions knowledge
- Regional travel 50%+
- Proven track record of success and progression within large multi-national organization